Creamy Chicken Hominy Soup is a delectable creation that marries tender chicken with the earthy richness of hominy, complemented by a creamy, cheesy broth that beckons with every spoonful. Let’s delve into the flavors and nuances of this soul-warming concoction.
Follow this soup with a Giant M&M Cookie for dessert.
Creamy Chicken Hominy Soup
As the crisp autumn air settles in, there’s an undeniable allure to warm, hearty soups that envelop us in comfort. Imagine a symphony of flavors dancing on your palate – the succulent chicken in chicken broth melded with the mild heat of green chiles. The creamy base, enriched with
This medley of tastes creates a harmonious blend that’s comforting. Each spoonful unveils a balance of savory, creamy, and slightly tangy notes, making it a satisfying and delightful dining experience.
Also, try Easy Ham and Bean Soup.
Ingredients you’ll need
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- Chicken breasts, boneless skinless, or thighs.
- Chicken broth.
- White onion diced
- Green chiles diced, undrained.
- Heavy cream.
- Ground black pepper
- thyme or bay leaf
- Black beans
- fresh cilantro, chopped
For the heavy cream, you can use
Creamy Chicken Hominy Soup FAQ
Hominy has been treated with an alkali, like lime or lye, which removes the hull and germ. In this soup, hominy adds a unique texture and a slightly nutty flavor that pairs wonderfully with the other ingredients.
Absolutely! While the recipe calls for chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs or even shredded rotisserie chicken for added depth of flavor.
Pre-shredded cheese often contains additives to prevent clumping, which can affect the texture and consistency of the soup. Shredding the cheese yourself ensures a smoother melt and better incorporation into the broth.
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, this soup will keep well for 3-4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and gently warm it on the stove, stirring occasionally.
In the realm of heartwarming soups, the Creamy Chicken Hominy Soup reigns supreme. Its amalgamation of flavors, from the tender chicken to the creamy, cheesy broth, provides a comforting escape for chilly evenings or any time a bowl of pure indulgence is desired. Whether you’re a culinary enthusiast or simply seeking a satisfying meal, this soup will captivate your taste buds and warm your soul.
Creamy Chicken Hominy Soup
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless, or thighs
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 (4.5 ounce can) green chiles diced, undrained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme or bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn drain
- 1 can hominy drained (not rinsed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- I like to use slow cooker liners for easier cleanup.
- Add everything except the shredded cheddar cheese to the slow cooker.
- You don't have to stir it. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3.5 hours or high for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts. I've found a whisk works best for this.
- Shred the chicken and add it back into the soup. Add the cilantro, stir.
- Spoon into bowls.