Almond Crunch Cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1 and 1/2 cup toasted corn cereal like Chex
- 4 oz almond bark
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat 1 c shortening with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and almond; beat well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir until blended. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture mixing until just blended. Slightly crush corn cereal, only to the point there aren't large pieces (but not too small, you'll lose the 'crunch') Carefully stir in oats and cereal.
Melt almond bark (read tips on How to Melt Chocolate) in microwave in a zip-top freezer bag. When melted, snip the corner off and drizzle over top of cookies. Allow chocolate to dry before serving or packaging.