Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats is a healthy breakfast full of protein and flavor that tastes like a chocolate dessert! What better way to start the day?
Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
The beauty of overnight oats is the ease and versatility. Make Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats ahead of time and wake up to a hearty, protein-packed breakfast in the morning. Overnight oatmeal is the most simple breakfast you can put together and takes just 3 minutes prep at night. As well, it’s healthy, portable, and economical. They’re perfect for busy mornings as a grab and go breakfast.
Additionally, there are many ways to enjoy overnight oats by changing the flavors. Fill your overnight oats with fruit, nut butter, spices, seeds, or chocolate.
Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats is almost like having dessert for breakfast. This overnight oat recipe has a wonderfully thick, chewy, and chocolatey texture of brownie batter. I don’t know about you, but when it tastes this sinfully delicious, but it’s healthy, I absolutely want it for breakfast….maybe even a serving for brunch and snack!
Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats – Healthy Benefits of Oats
Oats are naturally gluten-free. However, they may be harvested and processed using the same equipment as other grains that contain gluten. If you have celiac disease, as a precaution when purchasing, choose products that are certified gluten-free.
- Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious
- Whole oats are rich in antioxidants
- They contain a powerful soluble fiber called Beta-glucan
- As well, oats can lower cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol from damage
- Oats can improve blood sugar levels
- Additionally, oats are filling and may help you lose weight
- Ground oats may help with skincare
- Oats may decrease the risk of childhood asthma
- Finally, oats may help with constipation
You’ll notice below that this recipe makes one serving. This is a very generous serving and I actually get two breakfast meals out of it.
The calorie and nutrient amounts will vary depending on the products you use. This is specifically what I used.
- Arbonne Chocolate Vegan Protein that has 20 grams of protein per serving.
- Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Fage Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats is a healthy breakfast full of protein and flavor that tastes like a chocolate dessert!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk *cashew milk can be substituted
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt *or low-fat Greek yogurt, mashed banana, or pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar *baking Stevia or honey or omit
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate or unflavored protein powder *if omitting add 1/4 cup more rolled oats
- garnish with chopped almonds and shredded coconut
Mix all of the ingredients together and divide between 2 small microwave-safe bowls with lids Refrigerate overnight (or for at least 2 hours.
Eat cold or warm in the microwave for 60 seconds or until heated through. Top with chopped nuts and coconut. Enjoy.