If you’re looking for a quick, healthy weeknight dinner that’s ideal for meal prep, look no further, Flavorful Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots is perfect!
This easy and flavorful chicken dinner meal cooks hands-free in 30 minutes.
Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
I adore roasted vegetables. To me, every vegetable is better roasted. In fact, I only eat carrots that are roasted. And, I much prefer roasted Brussel sprouts over sauteed. Roasting vegetables caramelize their natural sugars for great flavor.
Colorful veggies have more nutrients and this meal is bright and healthy! For the vegetables, I used butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and Brussel sprouts. If you’re not a fan of these vegetables, replace them with veggies you do like.
Some great alternative vegetables are fingerling potatoes, cabbage, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, and onion.
The most important tip to remember is to cut the vegetables the same size. This way they will cook evenly. As you can see, I cut my vegetables in approximate 1-inch cubes.
Furthermore, for your boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you’ll need to cover them with plastic wrap and pound them so that they are the same thickness all over. My chicken was approximately 1/2 inch thick before cooking. (Protein always swells as it cooks so it’s thicker about it cooks.)
In addition to making sure everything is evenly sized, I used a healthy Avocado Oil Spray to ensure the chicken and vegetables did not dry out during cooking. This oil is healthier, has no chemicals or soy, is verified non-GMO, and certified paleo. As well, it can stand up to higher heat of 500°F. If you can’t find avocado oil, coconut oil is another good option.
I also seasoned both the vegetables and chicken with Everything Seasoning. (Both these items I got at Walmart, but you can easily order from Amazon and have it delivered.) Find the recipe for Everything Seasoning Recipe here.
Another healthy chicken option are these Air Fryer BBQChicken Thighs.
Flavorful Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 to 4 large chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 medium lemon washed, zested, and sliced
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts washed, trimmed, & cut in half
- 2 medium sweet potatoes washed, peeled, & cubed
- 1/2 medium butternut squash washed, peeled, & cubed
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon seasoning Everything Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil. Wash and cut your vegetables and spread evenly on the pan. Place the chicken on a cutting board with plastic wrap on top. With a meat mallet, pound until the chicken is the same thickness all over. Remove the plastic wrap and place the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook 25 minutes. Test chicken for doneness. Return to oven 5 more minutes if needed.
- Serve immediately.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.