Sweet Potato Hoosier Stew Sheet Pan Meal is a quick, healthy dinner recipe for busy weeknights. This meal is baked on a sheet pan making cleanup super easy!
SWEET POTATO HOOSIER STEW SHEET PAN MEAL
This hearty meal cooks on a sheet pan. One-pan = easy peasy! It will fill you up without filling you out. As well, you can have dinner on the table from the prep work to on the dinner table in about 40 to 45 minutes. It also reheats really well so make plenty and plan for leftovers.
WHAT IS HOOSIER STEW?
Hoosier Stew is a classic Midwest, one-pot meal of potatoes, sausage, and green beans. It’s super easy to make and budget-friendly as well. I shared the classic recipe earlier with you. Here it is if you missed it: Skillet Sausage Potatoes and Green Bean Recipe. As well, I have this version, Sheet Pan Hoosier Stew, with sweet potatoes and ham.
First, I used sweet potatoes because sweet potatoes are just so good roasted. I also used ham instead of traditional sausage. You’ll really enjoy this one ‘pot’ meal. If you love sweet potatoes as much as I do, you’ll also enjoy Trader Joe’s sweet potato gnocchi.
SHEET PAN HOOSIER STEW, WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Full recipe in the recipe card.
- Potatoes. For this recipe, I use sweet potatoes and cut them into small cubes to roast quickly.
- Green beans. I used canned green beans. They’re just so convenient. However, you can sub fresh greens beans and add them with the potatoes to cook first. Further, you can sub Brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots,
- Ham. I used ham steak. You can use sausage, ham, chicken, or meatballs. If you prefer, you can omit protein altogether.
- Olive oil. If you’re using sausage you probably won’t need oil. However, with leaner ham, I drizzle a little olive oil over the veggies.
- Spices. Salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, turmeric. If you don’t like spice go light on the cayenne.
Shop this post
STILL HUNGRY? YOU’LL LOVE THESE RECIPES
- Healthy 20 Minute Chili Lime Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita
- Sheet Pan Pound Cake
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken
- Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Broccoli
- You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index
Sweet Potato Hoosier Stew Sheet Pan Meal
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 pound sweet potatoes cut into small cubes
- 15 ounces green beans drained
- 16 ounces ham diced
- ¼ cup olive oil more if needed
- ½ teaspoon each salt, ground black pepper, paprika, turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 13×18-inch baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut them into about ½-inch cubes.
- Place the potatoes on your prepared sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle about ⅓ of the seasonings over them.
- Place the potatoes in your preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 at 425°F. Time will depend on how large the potatoes are.
- After 15 minutes, check the potatoes, they need to be beginning to get soft and 'almost' fork-tender.
- When the potatoes are beginning to get soft, place the green beans and ham on the sheet pan. They don't have to be kept separate but they do need to be in a single layer. Drizzle agave nectar over sham
- Drizzle more olive oil over the beans and ham then sprinkle the remaining spice. Place in the oven and cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- To check for doneness, pierce the potatoes with a fork. If they're soft, it's ready.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.