Glazed Carrots make a super simple side dish for any main dish recipe. These sweet and spicy carrots are coated in olive oil, pepper, and salt, and just enough honey to bring out the natural sweetness. They’re then roasted until tender.
I enjoy roasting vegetables. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in them. They also retain more nutrients when you roast versus when you boil. Plus, boiling vegetables just boil the flavor right out of them! You can read all the basics on roasting vegetables here, How to Roast Vegetables.
Roasting carrots is simple. Here are the basics
- Wash the vegetables and allow them to dry. Wet veggies will steam instead of roast.
- Peel and cut the vegetables into equal-sized pieces this way they cook at the same rate. I prefer to peel my carrots, some people don’t and that is fine.
- Next, you’ll want to season the carrots. I use olive oil so they don’t dry out and different spices. For these, I used salt and cayenne pepper.
- You will then spread them into an uncrowded, single layer on a large sheet pan or cookie sheet.
- Finally, bake until they browned and tender. You can test by pricking with a fork. The fork will easily poke into the carrot (or other vegetables) when they’re done.
Not only does size affect cooking time, but older carrots that are firmer will take longer than new, fresh carrots.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Hot Honey Brussels Sprouts
- Kentucky Bourbon Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Toasted Pecan Brie Brussels Sprout Bites
- Caramelized Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Winter Vegetable and Pesto Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage with Pine Nuts
- Panko Crusted Broccoli
- Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
- 2 pounds carrots peeled & cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and adjust a rack to the center.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Then, cut them into equal-sized pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, garlic, and honey. Toss to coat then spread evenly on a foil-lined sheet pan.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- The carrots should be lightly brown and soft. Remove them from the oven. Toss them with chopped parsley then serve.