Hot Honey Brussels Sprouts Recipe is perfectly crispy on the outside, tender and soft on the inside, and coated in a lusciously sweet and spicy glaze.
Wowzers wowie wow!!! These babies are good!!
Roasted Brussels sprouts are good in their own right. Roasting any vegetable brings out the natural sweetness in them. If you don’t think you like Brussels sprouts, revisit them. Brussels sprouts are actually one of my favorite vegetables especially this recipe when they’re drizzled with a spicy honey mixture!
As well, Brussels sprouts are the perfect low-carb side to go with any main dish.
HOW TO ROAST BRUSSELS SPROUTS
You can make this vegetable side dish very quickly and easily. I enjoy simple roasted Brussels sprouts sprinkled with sea salt. However, the hot honey glaze on these makes them out of this world! So delicious!
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick spray. This is for easier clean-up, but you’ll be glad you did this step later.
- Wash and trim your brussels sprouts. You’ll also want to cut them in half if they are large.
- Next, drizzle the Brussels with olive oil and sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning over them.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork-tender and the outside is caramelized.
HOW TO MAKE HOT HONEY BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
After you roast your Brussels sprouts, making the hot honey sauce is the next, very simple step. While you can do this on the stove-top, I find it much easier in the microwave.
While the Brussels sprouts roast, mix the honey and hot sauce (you can use Sriracha if you prefer) together in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds and stir to combine.
When you remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven toss them into a large bowl along with the green onions. Drizzle the hot honey and lemon juice over the sprouts and toss to coat. Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top. You can add salt or more Everything Bagel seasoning if you like.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes! It’s easy! Follow the steps below instead of adding to the oven, place your trimmed Brussels sprouts in a single layer in your preheated 375°F air-fryer basket.
Cook for 15 minutes stopping to shake the basket half-way through.
While they’re cooking, prepare the hot honey.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Kentucky Bourbon Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Toasted Pecan Brie Brussels Sprout Bites
- Roasted Winter Vegetable and Pesto Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage with Pine Nuts
- Panko Crusted Broccoli
- Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad
HOT HONEY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 and ½ pound Brussels sprouts washed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Everything Bagel seasoning
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce like this
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup).
- While they roast, mix honey and hot sauce together in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds and stir to combine.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Add the hot honey and green onions to the bowl with the Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat everything with the honey. Garnish with lemon zest, feta, and add a sprinkle of salt if needed.