Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad packs a flavorful punch. One bite and this salad will be your new favorite.
Seriously. This salad has so much flavor. It’s fresh and bright from the lemon dressing. And, it’s super nutritious!
Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad
The only broccoli salad I’ve had is heavy with mayo and bacon. Broccoli is so healthy, but broccoli salad paired with mayonnaise and bacon does not make a healthy recipe. I chose a bright, fresh lemon vinaigrette dressing instead of a heavy mayo-based dressing. This dressing is tart brings out the best flavors in all the other ingredients.
The base for my salad is roasted broccoli instead of traditional lettuce. My first thought was to use broccoli raw but I adore roasted broccoli and cauliflower. If you prefer, you can use raw broccoli, but try roasting it just once to see how you like it.
Broccoli is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium and copper. It is also a good source of vitamin B1, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, calcium, iron, niacin and selenium.
Along with the broccoli, I roasted a handful of pine nuts. Pine nuts are actually edible seeds to pine trees.
- Pine nuts may help with weight loss because they contain pinolenic acid, which triggers the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone.
- Additionally, pine nuts are a good source of magnesium, which may help boost energy and fight fatigue.
- Finally, pine nuts contain anti-aging antioxidants and nutrients that support heart and vision health
Additionally, I tossed in a handful of Pomegranate arils for sweetness and color. Pomegranates have anti-oxidant, anti-viral, and anti-tumor properties and are said to be a good source of vitamins, especially vitamin A, C, and E, as well as folic acid. This amazing fruit consists of three times as many antioxidants as both wine or green tea.
As well, I crumbled feta cheese is for extra protein. Goat cheese could be substituted as well.
You may also enjoy these salads and my Pinterest board.
I just found a new favorite salad recipe and it's called Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad. Wow, just wow! This salad is packed with flavor and nutrients!
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 heads of broccoli florets roughly cut florets and stems
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil in liquid form
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 cups
- arils from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 to 6 ounces feta cheese or goat cheese
- Make the dressing by mix together the juice and zest of one lemon with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and a pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli florets and stems along with the pine nuts, salt and pepper on a sheet tray. Drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the broccoli is fork tender and beginning to char.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli, , and toss to combine. transfer to a seving bowl and top with feta, avocado, and pomegranate arils.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.