You can use fresh, canned, or frozen corn for this recipe. I most often use canned for convenience. Simply open the can and drain the corn and you’re in business.
Grilled, fresh corn is also very good if you want to go to the trouble of grilling it or if you have leftover grilled corn.
I used a diced jalapeno in this Corn Salad. I’m not a fan of green bell peppers, but you can use bell pepper or poblano pepper if you prefer.
I like to use Roma tomatoes in my Corn Salad simply because they have less liquid. Halved grape tomatoes would also be good.
This is an easy dish to pull together. It’s a great Spring and Summer side salad or, if you prefer as I do, straight out of the fridge with a large spoon!!
- 1 can shoepeg corn drained
- 1 medium red onion diced OR 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 -3 Tablespoons diced bell pepper red, green, yellow any will work
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- IN a small bowl with a lid, add all the ingredients. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool. Serve cold.
You may also like: Black Bean Salsa
Serve with: Two Pack Slow Cooker Roast, Molasses Grilled Pork Tenderloin, or Jalapeno & Cheese Grilled Chicken and 10 Minute Rolls
Thanks for reading CallMePMc.com! To stay current on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin’
or follow me on email, you can sign up at the top right of any page of this site.