Black Bean Salsa is inexpensive, easy to make, and delicious! It’s loaded with vegetables and protein-packed black beans. It’s the perfect healthy salad, salsa, or dip.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
We eat more and more Tex-Mex inspired recipes at my house. All four of us enjoy it and I was spending a fortune going out to eat. With three hungry men in the house, I had to develop good Tex-Mex recipes for my recipe box. Below are some of our favorite Tex-Mex recipes that you may enjoy too!
This recipe is bright and flavorful. Fresh, frozen, or canned ingredients can easily be substituted and interchanged.
The one ingredient I suggest not omitting is the lime juice and zest. It really finishes off the recipe perfectly.
Black Bean Salsa
- Additionally, you may want to add avocado and cotija cheese.
- Black Bean Salsa is great with chicken or fish tacos over salad greens, in a wrap, or over nachos. It’s very versatile. Also a bonus, you can keep every ingredient stocked in your pantry.
- As well, you can also use Slow Cooker Black Beans instead of canned.
- Finally, grilled or frozen corn can be substituted for the canned corn. This is a recipe that you can make quickly for unexpected guests, so I like to keep canned ingredients on hand for it.
Black Bean Salsa
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 11 ounce can shoe peg corn drained
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies about half the liquid drained from them
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno fresh or pickled (omit or use less if you don't like spicy)
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 medium lime zested and juiced, about 2 Tablespoons
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (if desired)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Drain corn. Drain half the liquid off the tomatoes and green chiles.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Gently stir and refrigerate until chilled or serve right away.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. They'll be good for a couple of days.