Fluffy and tender
I enjoy making biscuits almost as much as I enjoy making pound cakes. And, I like making pound cakes! I have tested all the classics, Whipping Cream, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Eggnog, Million Dollar, Mile High, Blue Ribbon and more for my Pound Cakes Reviewed Series.
As well, I’ve shared several biscuit recipes with you. (See some of them pictured below.) Now, I found a new biscuit recipe that I’m in love with.
This is a great basic biscuit recipe. They are perfect for a savory sandwich, slathered in jam, or served on the side with your meal.
Cream Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits Tips
- First of all, your
butterand cream cheesemust be cold. Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes per recipes instructions.
- Measure your flour correctly using the ‘spoon and level’ method. I wrote this post on how to measure flour correctly. If needed, you may want to refresh the method. Measuring flour incorrectly can result in as much as 150% more flour than is called for!
- Additionally, use good quality ingredients. I recommend using a name-brand
- I recommend using real
butter, not margarine or buttersubstitute
- As well, use regular
cream cheese, not lower-fat varieties.
- Finally, the last tip I have for making these biscuits, be certain to cut the
butterand cream cheeseinto the flour really well. You don’t want a big clump of cream cheesein the baked biscuit. If you were to have a larger piece of butter, it would melt in the baking process. However, a cube of cream cheesewill not melt. Then you son bites into it, makes a terrible face, and refuses to eat any more. I may or may not know that to be a fact. 🙁
Cream Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour measured correctly
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes then frozen for 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted (I used salted, it's what I prefer.) cut into cubes and frozen for 30 minutes
- Cube cream cheese and butter and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- To a bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cream cheese, and butter.
- Using a pastry cutter, mix ingredients until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in buttermilk until combined. This dough will appear dry.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times until the dough comes together.
- Press dough into a 3/4 inch thick rectangle and cut into twelve 2-inch squares.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until golden brown 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm
Share Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday