Slow Cooker Beef Roast is a classic, comfort food recipe that is deliciously hearty and flavorful!
This Slow Cooker Beef Roast is delightful. As well, you can make Beef Hoagies with the leftovers. This combination is a great cook once, eat twice strategy that I call Encore Meals. You can check out all my Encore Meals here. It’s also smart planning if you have obligations because it can be put on early in the day. Leftover hoagies can be made for another meal by simply heating up the roast and toasting bread.
As well, you’ll find value in this post How To Tenderize Steak: Mastering the Art.
How to Cook Slow Cooker Beef Roast | Beef Hoagies
It’s simple to make a roast beef in the slow cooker. From start to finish it takes about four hours.
First, you’ll want to sear the meat on the stove-top. I generously salted and peppered the meat before searing, then put it in the slow cooker on low.
It’s especially helpful if you have a meat thermometer that you can leave in the roast and go about your other chores.
Plan for leftovers!
One of the best things about cooking a large roast is you have leftovers for another meal.
- For sandwiches on the second night, I reheated the roast along with the gravy in a saucepan.
- I toasted hamburger rolls with provolone cheese on them as the meat was reheating.
- You can saute onions and peppers for your sandwich or dress it however you prefer.
Tools to making this roast:
Finally, Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Slow Cooker Beef Roast | Beef Hoagies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- Rinse the roast and pat it dry. Mix salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and brown gravy mix and rub into the roast on all sides.
- Optional: You don't have to sear it, but if you want to here is the process. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides; about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place roast in the cooker, pour an entire jar of pepper rings on top. Cover and cook on low 4- 5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Serve the meat smothered in gravy and the pepper rings.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups beef broth
- Beef HoagiesHoagie rolls
- Provolone cheese (or your favorite sliced cheese)
- Shred remaining beef roast and place on hoagie roll along with some of the juice and peppers.
- Top with Provolone (or your favorite) cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and beef is warm.