Delish? Yes! This Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken is bright, moist and full of flavor.
It’s grilled to perfection with a slight hint of heat.
Before we get to the
Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken…
After the Polar Vortex froze us solid for a couple of weeks, the temps have risen. Actually the weather has been sunny and warm enough to enjoy the outdoors in the last few days. Shhh! I don’t want to put a jinx on anything. (My husband and I had just talked about how our boys had really not gotten hurt and our youngest broke his arm two days later! See jinx, be careful!) We took advantage of the warmer temperatures this weekend and grilled chicken.
For my Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken, I marinated these chicken breasts in freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice to give it a kick. I also added Worcestershire, red pepper flakes and a few more spices. I let it marinate in the refrigerator for just a couple of hours.
Usually, Wesley or Lincoln grills and I make everything else. Wesley was busy so I asked Lincoln to help. He did at first but got distracted. I have an internal timer when it comes to baking, but not grilling. I almost let these breasts cook too long on the first side. Time sure does fly when you’re grilling….
So anyway, don’t leave the grill to go do your hair, just sayin’
The citrus gives this Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken a really bright taste and the red pepper the heat I prefer because I used a light touch with it! We had these with my Vegetable Pasta Salad and easy 10 Minute Rolls, but I’m cooking extra to use in a Cobb Salad Sandwich for later!
There are so many dishes you can use this chicken in. Don’t forget to review my Encore dishes for ideas and recipes for leftover turkey or chicken. You could put the extra chicken on salads and sandwiches, in dips and wraps, on nachos, in soup, in tacos, and on pizza. Clearly there are many, many ways to use chicken so always, always cook or grill extra when you’re cooking!
Click over and follow me on Pinterest to see my lastest cravings!
Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons dried cilantro or 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 6 chicken breasts
- In a zip-top bag place all ingredients, and mush to combine. Refrigerate 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken breast on the grill. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on the first side before turning.
- Turn and cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from grill and serve hot.
- I used boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You could use bone-in, skin-on if you prefer.
- This recipe would also be good with chicken thighs, legs, or tenders.
- Adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Chicken on the bone takes longer to cook.
Have you seen my Pantry Essentials?
More recipes for you!
Let me know if in the ecomments below if you try my Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken