Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, this ridiculously delicious dinner recipe is surprisingly easy to prepare! It’s lower in carbs and takes only about 10 minutes to prepare.
This recipe is a delicious way to turn a typical chicken dinner up a notch!
Chicken is by far one of the most versatile meats. There are just so many ways to grill it, bake it, fry it and saute it. Everyone needs a large repertoire of delicious and easy chicken recipes.
CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
Sometimes I think my family will begin growing feathers we eat chicken so much. Chicken is just so versatile. As well, it’s naturally low in fat.
This recipe is similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu but my recipe doesn’t have ham. It’s very flavorful. Furthermore, you can reduce the carb count even more by omitting the breadcrumbs.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THIS RECIPE
I used a good quality Swiss cheese. You can substitute other cheeses. However, I suggest using a hard cheese similar to Swiss. Keep in mind, all cheeses melt at different rates. You don’t want all that delicious cheese to ooze out before the chicken is cooked.
If the chicken breasts are too thick pound them a thin using a meat mallet.
Please use fresh Parmesan cheese instead of the powder kind with the green lid. Fresh makes all the difference in flavor!
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Keto-Friendly recipes
- Fresh Blueberry Muffin Cake
- Baked Focaccia Turkey Sandwich
- Balsamic Pork Loin
- Rosemary Lemon Grilled Chicken
- Chocolate Gravy
Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Italian dressing mix not made up, just the seasoning
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice each breast horizontally so there is 2 thin pieces
- Flatten each breast, additionally, between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix on breasts.
- Top each breast with one slice provolone cheese.
- Roll each breast tightly and place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Repeat process with remaining breasts.
- Sprinkle additional seasoning and bread crumbs over all chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes.