Skinny Baked Breaded Cauliflower with Almond Butter Sauce, this roasted cauliflower is a low carb way to enjoy a tasty treat either as an appetizer or side dish.
The cauliflower is breaded and baked making it super crispy. The Almond Butter Dipping Sauce is creamy and full of flavor.
Easy, yummy, healthy!
Skinny Baked Breaded Cauliflower with Almond Butter Sauce
I have shared cauliflower recipes with you in recent months. I made Baked Bread Cauliflower (with a peanut butter dipping sauce), Panko Baked Cauliflower (with a sriracha sauce), and Bang Bang Baked Cauliflower (They are dipped in a buffalo sauce and dipped in peanut butter sauce.)
I first was inspired to make roasted cauliflower after having it with a peanut butter dipping sauce at a local restaurant. And, while the peanut butter sauce is outstanding. I wanted something just a little healthier, that and the fact that when I cleaned my pantry I had five jars of almond butter that was about to expire. The natural decision was to substitute almond butter for the peanut butter in this recipe.
Now, I actually like the Almond Butter Dipping Sauce better! It’s great as a dip for vegetables, but also on noodles or a salad.
Almond Butter Dipping Sauce is rich and creamy with just a hint of heat.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite sizes
- 1 and 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry. Cut into pieces.
- Add breadcrumbs to a small bowl.
- Add flour to another small bowl.
- Add 2 eggs to another small bowl and beat.
- Use the stem of cauliflower to hold, dip the floret first in the flour, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a sheet tray so that they're not touching.
- Repeat process with all the cauliflower.
- Bake at 450 degrees 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, mix sauce ingredients together. Add as much or as little red pepper flakes as you like.
- Heat water and add to almond butter, rice vinegar, agave, and ginger. Stir until smooth. Allow to sit and it will thicken. Add more hot water if the mixture is too thick.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and serve immediately with Almond Butter Dipping Sauce.
- Refrigerate any leftover sauce.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.