If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy side dish or maybe even an appetizer, my Baked Breaded Cauliflower Bites with Sriracha Peanut Butter Sauce is wheat and gluten-free, as well as low in calories in fat. All these healthier perks are thanks to Blue Diamond Nut-Thins who sponsored this post!
Baked Breaded Cauliflower Bites are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The Blue Diamond Nut-Thins have a nutty taste and adds a nice earthy flavor. I like contrast in my food so I made a creamy peanut butter sauce in which to dip the bites. There is lots of flavor in this combo to fill up, but not out!
For the dipping sauce I used creamy peanut butter. It has a naturally slightly sweet taste. I added a little Sriracha sauce to add punch and another depth of flavor. Peanut butter is also a good source of protein, so this snack will stick with you.
Blue Diamond Nut-Thins are wheat and gluten-free. These crackers are delicious. They’re a great alternative for any breaded food instead of flour or panko if you want to stay gluten or wheat free.
Baked Breaded Cauliflower Bites Tips
- Cut the cauliflower in even sizes, this will ensure every piece cooks evenly.
- The breading will adhere better if the cauliflower is dry.
- Instead of crushed Blue Diamond Nut-Thins, you can use any crushed cracker, regular bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs as the coating. *However, it may no longer be gluten-free.
- Test the cauliflower for doneness by inserting a fork into one floret. If it pierces easily, they are cooked. If it’s firm, allow to roast 5 more minutes and test again.
- The Sriracha is optional, it’s a good sauce without the Sriracha. Add none, a little or a lot depending on how you like it.
How to choose a good head of cauliflower
- Cauliflower should be firm and tightly closed
- White cauliflower should be pale with no soft or mushy parts and no dark spots
- A head of cauliflower will feel heavy for its size
- Ideally, the cauliflower heads will have a few green leaves attached
- Overall, the cauliflower head should look fresh and vibrant
Baked Breaded Cauliflower Bites
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite sizes
- 1 box Blue Diamond Nut-Thins crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Wash cauiflower and pat dry. Cut into pieces.
- Add Blue Diamond Nut-Thins to a food processor and pulse until crackers are chopped into breadcrumb size pieces.
- Add flour, salt and pepper to one small bowl and stir together.
- Add 2 eggs to another small bowl and beat.
- Add choped crackers to another small bowl.
- Use the stem of cauliflower to hold, dip the floret first in the flour, then into the egg and finally into the crushed Blue Diamond Nut-Thins.
- Place on a sheet tray so that they're not touching.
- Repeat process with all the cauliflower.
- Bake at 450 degrees 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sauce.