Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Blondies are loaded with wholesome ingredients like peanut butter, oatmeal, and bananas. This is a hearty, on-the-go breakfast bar recipe.
Move over boring breakfast, there’s a new, tasty breakfast bar in town!
I like a simple breakfast and one that’s already prepared, a grab and go if you will, is the best. I made these Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups and Blueberry Mango Overnight Oats Parfaits which will both make your morning routine a little easier. Of course, straight up Overnight Oats are always a favorite for me. If you haven’t tried them yet, give them a try!
Blondies are brownies without cocoa. Technically, Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Blondies are blondies, but they’re not really a sweet dessert blondie that you normally think of. They are lightly sweetened with brown sugar. I think you could substitute honey and make them a little healthier, but I haven’t tested it.
The bananas make these bars soft and moist and the oatmeal adds texture and makes them nice and chewy.
Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Blondies Tips
- This makes a great recipe for kids to help you with in the kitchen.
- Add 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts, pecans, walnuts, almonds to the batter.
- Perfect bananas for baking don’t look so perfect. Allow the bananas to get very ripe, very speckled or even almost black. The darker the skin of a banana, the sweeter the fruit will be. The sweeter the fruit, the better your dessert or Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Blondies will be!
- Also, try adding dried raisins, blueberries or cranberries to your mixture.
Loaded with wholesome ingredients peanut butter, oatmeal, and bananas, Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Blondies are a hearty, on-the-go breakfast bar recipe.
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup very ripe banana** mashed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoon wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper, allowing enough to paper to overhang on the sides to grasp and remove bars from pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, and butter until smooth and fluffy. I find an electric mixer works best for this.
- Add the egg and vanilla, stir until combined.
- Stir in the banana.
- Add the oats, flour, wheat germ and baking soda until completely combined.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes until set and lightly browned. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes in pan before cutting into bars.
- Package individually in zip-top bags for easy breakfasts or snacks.
- Store on countertop 3 to 4 day or in refrigerator 7 to 8 days.
*I used white chocolate but you can use plain or any flavor**About one medium banana
I can’t keep all this Peanut Butter & Co and Bob’s Red Mill goodness to myself! Tell me in the comments below what your favorite recipe that has both peanut butter and oats in it is for a chance to win two jars of Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter and a package of Bob’s Red Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
If you like this recipe, you may also like