Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls a burst of nutrients in two bites! Thanks to Peanut Butter & Company for sponsoring this post as well as the giveaway!
I’m a member of Peanut Butter & Co Yum Squad. They recently started a #mysteryingredient challenge this month in which they give us a mystery ingredient to work into a recipe that also includes their peanut butter products. March is National Peanut Butter month and what better way to showcase peanut butter than with a fun challenge! My mystery ingredient was Matcha which is a finely milled or fine powder green tea. I have never had or made a recipe with green tea before so this was a challenge!
Benefits of Matcha are (source)
- Packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels
Matcha is being hailed as the next weight-loss superfood. It has an earthy taste and can be added to drinks, smoothies, salads, or any food actually. The fine powder is easily mixed into a plethora of recipes adding nutrients and flavor.
Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls
I recently put together a collection of 16 Delicious Homemade Energy Bars and was inspired to work Matcha into an energy, granola type recipe that’s also full of peanut butter! I came up with these Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls. It seemed like the perfect complement.
My hunch was right! Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls is a healthy, nutritious snack option. It’s packed with carbohydrates and protein to energize your day!
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co Smooth Operator peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon Matcha
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup peanuts crushed or chopped slightly
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
In a small sauce pan on medium low heat, melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil stirring constantly until the mixture is combined completely.
In a bowl, combine oats, Matcha, flax seen, peanuts, chocolate chips and chia seeds.
Pour peanut butter mixture into oat mixture and combine.
Using a spring-release scoop, form balls out of mixture.
Roll in cocoa powder.
Store in an air-tight container up to 1 week.