Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls a burst of nutrients in two bites!
I’m a member of the Peanut Butter & Co Yum Squad. Recently, they started a #mysteryingredient challenge this month in which they give us a mystery ingredient to work into a recipe that also includes their peanut butter products. Additionally, March is National Peanut Butter Month. Furthermore, what better way to showcase peanut butter than with a fun challenge! My mystery ingredient was Matcha which is a finely milled or fine powder green tea. I have never had or made a recipe with green tea before so this was a challenge!
Benefits of Matcha are (source)
- Packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels
Matcha is a weight-loss superfood. It has an earthy taste. You can add it to drinks, smoothies, salads, or any food actually. As well, you can mix the fine powder is easily into a plethora of recipes adding nutrients and flavor.
Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls
I recently put together a collection of 16 Delicious Homemade Energy Bars and was inspired to work Matcha into energy, granola type recipe that’s also full of peanut butter! Therefore, I came up with these Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls. It seemed like the perfect complement.
My hunch was right! Matcha Peanut Butter Energy Balls is a healthy, nutritious snack option that’s full of carbohydrates and protein.
Matcha Green Tea Energy Balls
- Pour peanut butter mixture into oat mixture and combine.
- Using a spring-release scoop, form balls out of the mixture.
- Roll in cocoa powder.
- Store in an air-tight container up to 1 week.