Graham Cracker Toffee Bars is salty, sweet, chewy, crunchy and I bet you can’t eat just one!
I made Graham Cracker Toffee Bars and packaged them in cute bags as party favors. I like to feed people, it’s what I do. Besides, what child doesn’t like to get a bag of candy as a treat?
I knew I wanted to makes them into treats for the his friends after the success of my S’mores Crack Candy Recipe I made during the holidays.
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
Basically, this recipe is a simple one. You have to be a little patient making the caramel, but that’s the hardest part. After the caramel is made, you pour it over crackers and bake. This turns the caramel into a hard candy similar to toffee. At this point you can top it with a variety of chocolate or candy. You can really make it in about 20 minutes, but you’ll need to allow the chocolate to cool and harden. If you plan to package it, allow yourself about an hour of cooling time.
While this is a great recipe for kids’ treats, I don’t recommend having them help make it. Hot sugar should be taken seriously, keep kids and animals out of the kitchen when working with it.
- 15 graham cracker sheets seperated into 1 crackers
- 1 and ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cup chocolate candies
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread a large sheet of waxed paper on counter. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Line a 15x10 inch sheet pan with foil, spray with non-stick spray.
- Place crackers in pan in a single layer.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil 2 mintues.
- Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over graham crackers in pan. Spread so it covers all the crackers evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments, stir until smooth. Place melted chocolate in a zip-top bag. Snip tiny corner off and drizzle chocolate back and forth over the crackers.
- Spread chocolate candies and salt over chocolate drizle.
- Quickly remove crackers to a sheet of waxed paper that has been sprayed liberally with non-stick spray. I like to use 2 spatulas to do this.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If you like these salty, sweet and crunchy Graham Cracker Toffee Bars, you may also like