Graham Cracker Toffee Bars is salty, sweet, chewy, and crunchy. I bet you can’t eat just one!
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
I made Graham Cracker Toffee Bars and packaged them in cute bags as party favors. I like to feed people, it’s what I do. Besides, what child doesn’t like to get a bag of candy as a treat?
I knew I wanted to make them into treats for his friends after the success of my S’mores Crack Candy Recipe I made during the holidays.
Can we talk about goodness? This sister to my Graham Cracker Toffee Bars is this finger-licking saltine cracker candy recipe. I’m pretty sure you need to make them too. 😉
Graham Cracker Toffee Bar ingredients
The full recipe is below.
- graham cracker sheets seperated into 1 crackers
- brown sugar packed
- butter or margarine
- chocolate candies M&M’s
Basically, these toffee bars are simple. You have to be a little patient in making the caramel, but that’s the hardest part. After the caramel is made, you pour it over crackers and bake. This turns the caramel into a hard candy similar to toffee. At this point, you can top it with a variety of chocolate or candy. You can really make it in about 20 minutes, but you’ll need to allow the chocolate to cool and harden. If you plan to package it, allow yourself about an hour of cooling time.
While this is a great recipe for kids’ treats, I don’t recommend having them help make it. Hot sugar should be taken seriously, keep kids and animals out of the kitchen when working with it.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Candy Topped Brownies
- S’mores Crack Candy recipe
- Caramel Crack Candy Ice Cream
- Chocolate Pecan Sandies Secret Kiss Cookies
- Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars
- Mexican style Pecan Chocolate Squares
- 3 Ingredient Toffee
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 15 graham cracker sheets seperated into 1 crackers
- 1 and ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cup chocolate candies M&M's
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread a large sheet of waxed paper on the counter. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Line a 15×10-inch sheet pan with foil, spray with non-stick spray.
- Place crackers in the pan in a single layer.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over graham crackers in pan. Spread so it covers all the crackers evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave in 30-second increments, stir until smooth. Place melted chocolate in a zip-top bag. Snip a tiny corner off and drizzle chocolate back and forth over the crackers.
- Spread chocolate candies and salt over the chocolate drizzle.
- Quickly remove crackers to a sheet of waxed paper that has been sprayed liberally with non-stick spray. I like to use 2 spatulas to do this.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.