My new fave brownies, Candy Topped Brownies are easy, dense, rich, and ultra-fudgy.
These brownies are super fudgy and obscenely chocolate-y and loaded with candy bars. You could also call these ‘Kitchen Sink’ Brownies because they’re loaded with everything kind of chocolate you want.
Coincidently, they’re a great way to use leftover Halloween candy!
I used a basic brownie recipe for the brownies. It uses cocoa powder with no melted chocolate making the brownie base very economical. As well, these one-bowl brownies take just minutes to stir together by hand. This recipe is as easy as a boxed brownie mix. They are fudgy and slightly chewy.
Next, I topped the brownies with my simple, reader-favorite recipe, Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar. However, the decadence doesn’t stop with the frosting! I crushed candy bars and added them as well as M&Ms and candy-coated chocolate sprinkles to the warm frosting.
With just one bowl and no mixer, this is a great recipe to get the children to help with! And, if you don’t trust them mixing, have the kids sprinkle the candy on top.
Shop this post
Candy Topped Brownies
- 1 and 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 candy bars coarsely chopped (Snickers, Butterfingers, Health, Milky Way)
- 1 /2 cup M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, candy bars, and M&Ms on top immediately while brownies are still warm. Press the candy into the brownies slightly before they start to melt.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.