My new fave brownies, Candy Topped Brownies are easy, dense, rich, and ultra-fudgy.
These brownies are super fudgy and obscenely chocolate-y and loaded with candy bars. You could also call these ‘Kitchen Sink’ Brownies because they’re loaded with everything kind of chocolate you want.
Coincidently, they’re a great way to use leftover Halloween candy!
I used a basic brownie recipe for the brownies. It uses cocoa powder with no melted chocolate making the brownie base very economical. As well, these one-bowl brownies take just minutes to stir together by hand. This recipe is as easy as a boxed brownie mix. They are fudgy and slightly chewy.
Next, I topped the brownies with my simple, reader-favorite recipe, Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar. However, the decadence doesn’t stop with the frosting! I crushed candy bars and added them as well as M&Ms and candy-coated chocolate sprinkles to the warm frosting.
With just one bowl and no mixer, this is a great recipe to get the children to help with! And, if you don’t trust them mixing, have the kids sprinkle the candy on top.
Shop this post
Candy Topped Brownies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 candy bars coarsely chopped (Snickers, Butterfingers, Health, Milky Way)
- 1 /2 cup M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, candy bars, and M&Ms on top immediately while brownies are still warm. Press the candy into the brownies slightly before they start to melt.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.