When tailgating before football games, you’ll always find Pimento Cheese, brownies and bourbon. That brings us back to the Cotton Bowl. So we stop at a random chain grocery store that has a little Gourmet deli to pick up some items for tailgating before the BIG game. I choose this new, interesting Gouda Pimento Cheese. WOW!!! It was fabulous. We don’t have that particular chain of stores in Mississippi had to recreate it.
Using gouda cheese instead of the traditional cheddar in Gouda Pimento Cheese gives this recipe a delicious twist. Piment Cheese is a popular Southern cheese spread that can be served as a sandwic, as a dip, or on wraps and burgers.
- 8 oouces Gouda cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon green onions diced small
- 1 4 ounce jar diced pimentos
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, shred half of block of cheese on small side and remaining half of cheese on large side of grater. (This is important for the correct texture.)
- All mayonnaise, onions, pimentos, salt, pepper, and garlic to a bowl and stir.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve as sandwich or crackers.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.