When tailgating before football games, you’ll always find Pimento Cheese, brownies and bourbon. That brings us back to the Cotton Bowl. So we stop at a random chain grocery store that has a little Gourmet deli to pick up some items for tailgating before the BIG game. I choose this new, interesting Gouda Pimento Cheese. WOW!!! It was fabulous. We don’t have that particular chain of stores in Mississippi had to recreate it.
Gouda Piment Cheese
- 8 oouces Gouda cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon green onions diced small
- 4 ounces diced pimentos
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, shred half of block of cheese on small side and remaining half of cheese on large side of grater. (This is important for the correct texture.)
- All mayonnaise, onions, pimentos, salt, pepper, and garlic to a bowl and stir.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve as sandwich or crackers.