Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars recipe has a buttery shortbread crust and topped simply with luscious chocolate and salted pecans.
I love the simplicity of these Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars. A buttery shortbread crust is topped with smooth chocolate and salted pecans.
Because there are so few ingredients and each one shines through, I recommend using the best quality ingredients you can afford. Use real butter; I only cook with real butter. Use a good chocolate like Ghirardelli and freshly toasted pecans.
Let’s get down to it. This is a simple recipe. Yes, I know it looks fancy, which makes it great for gift giving. But, there are three very simple steps.
- Make the shortbread. Much like making pie crust, you want the butter to be really cold. Right out of the refrigerator cold.
- Melt your chocolate. And, you won’t do this until the shortbread is out of the oven. Read my tips on How to Melt Chocolate here. It has super simple, no-fail tips for getting smooth chocolate without scorching it.
- Toast pecans. Quickly read this post if you are unfamiliar with How to Toast Nuts.
Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray paper with nonstick spray.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Stir completely between each interval.
- When chocolate is completely melted and smooth pour onto shortbread.
- Smooth evenly with an off-set spatula.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container.