Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars recipe has a buttery shortbread crust and topped simply with luscious chocolate and salted pecans.
I love the simplicity of these Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars. A buttery shortbread crust is topped with smooth chocolate and salted pecans.
Because there are so few ingredients and each one shines through, I recommend using the best quality ingredients you can afford. Use real butter; I only cook with real butter. Use a good chocolate like Ghirardelli and freshly toasted pecans.
Pecans are my favorite, but you can substitute almonds, cashews, or walnuts. I do recommend toasting them and salting them. Don’t you just love the salty sweet combination!?
Let’s get down to it. This is a simple recipe. Yes, I know it looks fancy, which makes it great for gift giving. But, there are three very simple steps.
- Make the shortbread. Much like making pie crust, you want the butter to be really cold. Right out of the refrigerator cold.
- Melt your chocolate. And, you won’t do this until the shortbread is out of the oven. Read my tips on How to Melt Chocolate here. It has super simple, no-fail tips for getting smooth chocolate without scorching it.
- Toast pecans. Quickly read this post if you are unfamiliar with How to Toast Nuts.
- 1 cup butter cold and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray paper with nonstick spray.
Place flour, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand. Press the shortbread mixture into prepared pan.
Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Stir completely between each interval.
When chocolate is completely melted and smooth pour onto shortbread.
Smooth evenly with an off-set spatula.
Immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Allow chocolate to cool completely before cutting.
Store in an airtight container.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.