Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars recipe has a buttery shortbread crust and topped simply with luscious chocolate and salted pecans.
I love the simplicity of these Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars. A buttery shortbread crust is topped with smooth chocolate and salted pecans.
Because there are so few ingredients and each one shines through, I recommend using the best quality ingredients you can afford. Use real butter; I only cook with real butter. Use a good chocolate like Ghirardelli and freshly toasted pecans.
Pecans are my favorite, but you can substitute almonds, cashews, or walnuts. I do recommend toasting them and salting them. Don’t you just love the salty sweet combination!?
Let’s get down to it. This is a simple recipe. Yes, I know it looks fancy, which makes it great for gift giving. But, there are three very simple steps.
- Make the shortbread. Much like making pie crust, you want the butter to be really cold. Right out of the refrigerator cold.
- Melt your chocolate. And, you won’t do this until the shortbread is out of the oven. Read my tips on How to Melt Chocolate here. It has super simple, no-fail tips for getting smooth chocolate without scorching it.
- Toast pecans. Quickly read this post if you are unfamiliar with How to Toast Nuts.
Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup butter cold and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate good quality
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray paper with nonstick spray.
- Place flour, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand. Press the shortbread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Stir completely between each interval.
- When chocolate is completely melted and smooth pour onto shortbread.
- Smooth evenly with an off-set spatula.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container.
Thanks for reading CallMePMc.com! To stay current on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin’, or follow me on email…
To save on a few dishes, you can just sprinkle the hot bars with chocolate chips, wait 2 min while they soften and then spread with the offset spatula. These were very good.
These look delicious can’t wait to make them…
The Better Baker says
Fabulous! I’m actually drooling after looking at your gorgeous pictures. =D Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck.