Cajun spices blended with shrimp, crawfish, sausage and ooey, gooey cheese and topped with a finger-licking Sriracha Comeback Sauce, Cajun Etouffee Nachos is nacho perfection!
Spicy and hearty Cajun Etouffee Nachos make a tasty appetizer for entertaining or serve with a side salad as a meal on their own.
We are always entertaining and I’m always thinking of unique party-friendly, filling food that I can serve. We’ll be watching the football playoffs and I want big flavors for the big game! Since we just got home from New Orleans I have Cajun flavors on the brain, the whole drive home I was thinking about creating NOLA inspired nachos. Cajun Etouffee Nachos is what I made.
Full of shrimp, crawfish, sausage and all the familiar flavors of traditional etouffee, this is an easy appetizer to prepare. It’s ready in less than 20 minutes. Okra, shrimp, crawfish, and Johnsonville sausage are cooked in an etouffee seasoning then spread over tortilla chips. Top this mixture with cheese, fresh tomatoes, and green onions. If this weren’t enough everything gets a drizzle of the best Sriracha Comeback Sauce.
It’s the perfect solution for a hungry game-day crowd!
This is also a great dish if you have leftover shrimp, crawfish or sausage. Nachos, in general, are good for leftovers because you don’t have to have a lot of any one thing to make them. You can pretty much layer on whatever you have and whatever ingredients your family likes and, boom, dinner is served!
Cajun Etouffee Nachos
I think this recipe hits the mark on flavor and presentation! Cajun Etouffee Nachos are fully adaptable to your liking. If you don’t like okra substitute green bell peppers or omit it completely. Can’t find crawfish in your area? Add more shrimp and Johnsonville sausage!
I picked up Johnsonville Sausage at my local Walmart. I almost always have some on have for recipes like this or for the kids’ after-school snacks. There are so many ways to use it in recipes.
In fact, Johnsonville sausage is so convenient and uncomplicated to cook with it’s my go-to ingredient for parties.
Cajun Etouffee Nachos
- 12- ounce bag small raw peeled shrimp
- 14- ounce package Johnsonville New Orleans andouille smoked sausage sliced
- 12- ounce package crawfish drained
- 1 cup sliced okra frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used Colby cheddar mix
- 3/4 cup tomato diced
- 1/3 cup green onion sliced
- 13- ounce bag tortilla chips package etouffee seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Sriracha Comeback Sauce link in post above for recipe
- Add etouffee seasoning to 1/2 cup hot water and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil to skillet and cook okra 3 to 4 minutes until tender.
- Add sausage, shrimp and crawfish to pan with okra.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Add etouffee seasoning and simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place chips in bottom of oven-safe pan.
- Top chips with shrimp mixture and cheese.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, green onions and Sriracha Comeback Sauce.
- Serve immediately.