Rich, indulgent, and gooey, Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie Recipe is quick and easy, requires no mixer, and has no corn syrup! Fudge pie is a delicious new classic!
So let’s clarify! This is not chocolate chip pecan pie. No, no. The pie itself is chocolate and it’s filled with pecans. If you’re familiar with my Chocolate Chess Pie, the base of this pie recipe is really similar to it but has the addition of wonderfully crunchy pecans.
There’s a pecan layer then a gooey chocolate fudge layer all on a flaky crust. It’s just heavenly!
Additionally, this pecan pie does not have corn syrup in it. Now, it has plenty of sugar, but no corn syrup!
You can also easily make this pie without a mixer.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE PECAN PIE RECIPE
- You can use a premade pie crust or make one. I most often use my No Fail Pie Crust.
- It’s not mandatory that you toast the pecans. However, this allows the oils to come out of the nuts and deepens their flavor.
- Place the nuts in the bottom of the pie crust. Whisk the other ingredients together and pour over the pecans.
- It takes about an hour to bake this pie, but it’s worth the wait.
- Let the pie cool on the counter. It will set as it cools.
- Cover the pie tightly with foil or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
HOW TO TOAST NUTS
You can toast any nut in a skillet on top of the stove. Be sure to watch them carefully and stir them. This should only take 1-2 minutes for each batch of nuts. Additionally, you can place them on a sheet pan and toast them in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
Some of my pecan pie inspired recipes are the most popular on my site. You will want to try them too!
If you like chocolate and pecans, you’ll like these recipes too!
- Chocolate Pecan Sandies Secret Kiss Cookies
- Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Bars
- Mexican style Pecan Chocolate Squares
- Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Berry Cups
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
You can also find great recipes at my recipe index
Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans chopped and toasted
- ¼ cup pecans whole, toasted, for garnish
- 1 pie crust regular, not deep, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, and salt to chocolate and whisk until it's well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk till smooth.
- Spread the pecans in the bottom of the pie crust and pour the filling over the top. If desired, garnish the top with whole pecans.
- Bake at 325°F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the center of the pie is no longer jiggly. The top may crack and that's normal.
- Cool for several hours. The pie will set up as it cools.