Goo Free Pecan Pie is a twist on the Southern classic with less goo and extra pecans. If the pecans are what you like about a pecan pie, my version will become your favorite!
Just when you thought pecan pie couldn’t get any better!
I love everything about pecan pie. I like the crust and the goo and the pecans. (If you prefer a classic Pecan Pie, try this recipe.) However, the dessert lover and baker in me wanted to try it with more pecans and less goo. I also want to try it with more goo and less, or no, pecans. (Stay tuned for that recipe coming later.)
This is good, y’all! Real good! I ate two slices immediately after photographing so I should know!
Goo Free Pecan Pie
- My version is sweetened with and honey but you can use brown sugar or Karo syrup. I prefer light corn syrup if using Karo.
- First of all, you may choose to make a homemade pie crust like my Never-fail Pie Crust or use a store-bought one. Either way, the pie will be delish! It does need to be a deep-dish pie crust.
- As well, I usually purchase pecans that are on sale whether they’re chopped or halved. Therefore, use what you have on hand or what’s on sale when choosing pecans.
- Finally, you can add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the pie if you wish.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Goo Free Pecan Pie
- 9-inch deep dish pie pan
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch pie crust deep dish, homemade or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prick the pie crust with a fork then bake the empty pie crust for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While pie crust is baking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add honey, cream, and salt. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour this pecan mixture into your pie crust and spread evenly.
- Bake the pie at 375 degrees F until much of the filling is bubbling in the center and crust is browned around the edges about 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container up to 7 days.