I may be a little obsessed with the flavors in pecan pie. One of the most popular recipes on my site is my Pecan Pie Bread Pudding. Classic bread pudding is filled with a pecan pie center. It’s amazing!
Then, I share my Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie recipe. It’s a classic favorite for a reason. Part of the popularity is it is easy to make with a gooey center topped with crunchy pecans. This makes a great combo!
As well, Pecan Cobbler is another very popular recipe on my site. For example, this cobbler has that wonderful caramel syrup and pecans but with a classic cobbler crust. Unbeatable!
When I was dreaming up this Pecan Pie Caramel Sauce, I dreamed of pouring it over vanilla ice cream. After I made it I realized it would be great served on pancakes, waffles, bread pudding, or pound cakes.
You may also like these recipes
Pecan Pie Caramel Sauce Tips
- To save money I used pecan pieces. They’re significantly cheaper than pecan halves.
- Furthermore, I used granulated sugar, but you can use light or dark brown sugar as well.
- Most importantly, when cooking this sauce, the pecans fall to the bottom. They will stick and burn if you don’t stir the mixture almost constantly.
Nutritional information for this recipe shows the total for the whole recipe. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Pecan Pie Caramel Sauce
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Beat eggs. Add sugar and flour and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Stirring frequently bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture becomes thick like syrup.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve on ice cream, cake, etc.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Reheat in microwave to serve.