Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie is a super simple crowd-pleasing dessert recipe. This delicious pie is a holiday staple in most Southern celebrations with the crunchy pecans, caramel-like nougat, and buttery flaky crust.
My favorite pecan pie, and with it popularity no wonder it’s been unchanged for years.
A classic, my pecan pie of is made of pecans mixed with eggs, butter, and sugar. The pecans float to the top leaving the eggs, butter, and sugar to make a gooey, caramel nougat mixture between the pecans and pie crust.
I had this pie every holiday growing up. There was no question what dessert for our family celebrations would be it was Pecan Pie and Chocolate Pie.
Consequently, as much as I love to bake, I have never made this pie until now. However, I love baking cakes and never have made very many pies. Now I understand why we had Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie so often. Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie is CRAZY easy to make. You simply stir all the ingredients together and pour them into the pie crust then bake.
Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie
- First of all, you may choose to make a homemade pie crust like my Never-fail Pie Crust or use a store-bought one. Either way, the pie will be delish!
- As well, buy pecans when they’re on sale. Otherwise, they are expensive. Therefore, use what you have on hand or what’s on sale when choosing pecans.
- Finally, you can add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to change up the pie.
You may also like these pies
Granny's Classic Southern Pecan Pie
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake pie shell for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar and flour and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F
- Reduce heat and cook at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream