Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie is a super simple crowd-pleasing dessert recipe. This delicious pie is a holiday staple in most Southern celebrations with the crunchy pecans, caramel-like nougat, and buttery flaky crust.
My favorite pecan pie, and with it popularity no wonder it’s been unchanged for years.
A classic, my pecan pie of is made of pecans mixed with eggs, butter, and sugar. The pecans float to the top leaving the eggs, butter, and sugar to make a gooey, caramel nougat mixture between the pecans and pie crust.
I had this pie every holiday growing up. There was no question what dessert for our family celebrations would be it was Pecan Pie and Chocolate Pie.
Consequently, as much as I love to bake, I have never made this pie until now. However, I love baking cakes and never have made very many pies. Now I understand why we had Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie so often. Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie is CRAZY easy to make. You simply stir all the ingredients together and pour them into the pie crust then bake.
Granny’s Classic Southern Pecan Pie
- First of all, you may choose to make a homemade pie crust like my Never-fail Pie Crust or use a store-bought one. Either way, the pie will be delish!
- As well, I usually purchase pecans that are on sale whether they’re chopped or halved. Therefore, use what you have on hand or what’s on sale when choosing pecans.
- Finally, you can add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to change up the pie.
You may also like these pies
Granny's Classic Southern Pecan Pie is a super simple crowd-pleasing dessert recipe. This delicious pie is a holiday staple in most Southern celebrations with the crunchy pecans, caramel-like nougat, and buttery flaky crust.
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans chopped or whole
- 9- inch deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake pie shell for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar and flour and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add syrup, butter and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F
- Reduce heat and cook at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.