Streusel Topped Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a magical way to start the day! Crumb cake for breakfast pretty much guarantees a good day! Do you agree?
My mom loves blueberry desserts since I have a freezer full of blueberries I decided to try a blueberry version of a cake similar to my Raspberry Streusel Cream Cheese Coffee Cake.
The base is a soft and buttery cake layer. It’s topped with a ribbon of sweetened cream cheese, then blueberries. Finally, a buttery, crunchy crumb topping finishes this coffee cake.
It’s a decadent cake and very pretty to look at. If you prefer not overly sweet cakes, this is the cake for you. Streusel Topped Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake makes a great coffee cake for this reason.
I would serve this cake with coffee for brunch. As well, it would make a great dessert cake after dinner. My friends fought over the last piece when I took it to a party. It really is moist and delicious!
You may also like
Streusel Topped Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Tips
- First of all, I recommend using real butter.
- For the Greek yogurt, you may substitute buttermilk or sour cream.
- Additionally, you may use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- As well, you may add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the crumb topping.
- You may also, use brown sugar instead of the granulated sugar for the streusel (crumb) topping.
- Also, you can substitute strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or peaches for the blueberries.
- Finally, I use 9-inch springform pan from this set. You can use the 8-inch pan, but the cake will need to cook longer.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Streusel Topped Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat for another minute. Set aside.
- In the bowl on an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix until very light in color and fluffy 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and yogurt and continue beating until very creamy about another minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour. Do not overmix.
- Pour the cake batter to the springform pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture gently over the top.
- Spread the blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the berries.
- Place the springlform pan on a baking sheet (to catch any leaks) in the middle of the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Allow cake to cool on the counter top 45 to 50 minutes before releasing the springform pan.
- Store in the refrigerator 4 to 5 days.