This is an easy quick bread that you can mix together in minutes. It’s great for breakfast, snack, or dessert. As well you can make it into muffins which cook a lot faster than bread.
Quick Tip: If you like apple and cheese, you’ll love a slice of cheese melted on this bread! 😍 I sliced the bread, topped it with cheddar cheese, then melted it in the toaster. Wow!!! It had a nice sweet and savory flavor.
QUICK APPLE STREUSEL BREAD
I researched the difference between an Apple Pie and a Dutch Apple Pie. A traditional Apple Pie has a bottom and top crust. Whereas, a Dutch Apple Pie has a bottom crust with a crumb topping.
As well, I did not add ground cinnamon to this bread, but you can add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon if you like cinnamon!
I used one large Honeycrisp apple that equaled 1 and 1/2 cups and diced the apples relatively small. It’s a personal preference, I like the texture when they’re diced small versus large chunks of apples.
BEST APPLES FOR BAKING
For the best pies, crisps, and other baked treats, apples need to be firm enough to hold their own during the cooking process. The best apples are the ones that are in season. Look for firm apples with no bruises or bug holes. Fresh, ripe apples will have a strong apple aroma.
A few of the best baking apples are:
- Honey Crisp
- Granny Smith
HOW DO I STORE QUICK APPLE STREUSEL BREAD
Because the apples add a lot of moisture to the bread, I like to keep my loaves in the refrigerator. Wrap or place the bread in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator 5 to 7 days.
CAN I FREEZE QUICK APPLE STREUSEL BREAD?
Yes, wrap the bread in plastic wrap and place it in a ziptop freezer bag. It will keep nicely in the freezer for 6 to 8 weeks.
To thaw, sit on the countertop, slice, and reheat in the microwave.
While you’re here, I’d love for you to see some of my other recipes!
- Strawberry Bread
- Easy Strawberry Bread
- Applesauce Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
- No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Blueberry Streusel Bread
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Amish Apple Bread
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Quick Apple Streusel Bread
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking powder together. Turn the mixer to low and slow add flour mixture.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
- For the streusel topping, combine the butter, sugars, flour, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter in pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in bread, comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool 10 to 15 minutes before transferring it to a serving platter.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over top of the bread. Slice and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.