Amish Apple Bread Recipe is loaded with apples and cinnamon and topped with caramel. It’s soft, moist, sweet, and delicious, the ultimate fall comfort.
AMISH APPLE BREAD RECIPE
One of my favorite things I like about this bread it is so versatile. It’s great for a special breakfast, afternoon snack, or delicious dessert topped with vanilla ice cream. Additionally, you can make it into muffins for a quicker cooking time. I don’t know anyone that has an abundance of time in the morning! Right?
I used 2 cups of diced Honeycrisp apples. I diced them pretty small, not minced, but not chunks. Two cups of apples are almost two medium apples. Of course, you can add two apples, but I want to give you the exact measurements. At two cups, it was the perfect bread to apple ratio.
Amish Apple Bread is a quick bread which simply means it does not have yeast in it. There’s no time waiting for the bread to rise, you can mix then bake it. This recipe is super simple. You can mix it together in no time. However, it does take 50 minutes to bake in a loaf pan.
This recipe doesn’t make a large loaf, which personally I like.
Even though it’s called a ‘bread’ it’s pretty much a cake. It’s sweet for bread. I’m not complaining, mind you, just letting you know!
BEST APPLES FOR BAKING
For the best pies, crisps, and other baked treats, apples need to be firm enough to hold their own during the cooking process. The best apples are the ones that are in season. Look for firm apples with no bruises or bug holes. Fresh, ripe apples will have a strong apple aroma.
A few of the best baking apples are:
- Honey Crisp
- Granny Smith
I drizzled Caramel Frosting over my loaf of bread. It’s totally optional. Here is the recipe: Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce
While you’re here, I’d love for you to see some of my other recipes!
- Strawberry Bread
- Easy Strawberry Bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
- No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Blueberry Streusel Bread
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Amish Apple Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Turn the mixer to low and add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Cover with half of the apples and sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer then top with remaining apples and brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Optional: Drizzle with Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce recipe here.