Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Browned Butter Maple Glaze is moist, soft, and not overly sweet… except for the delectable Browned Butter Maple Glaze! It’s the perfect combination of chocolate and pumpkin and just may be your new favorite!
This is quite possibly the easiest pumpkin recipe you’ll see on the web. With just three simple ingredients making up the bread, it can be mixed together in 2 minutes, baked in 30, and enjoyed in 35!
I used one can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. I also used two large eggs but they can actually be omitted. Yep, it’s hard to believe but the bread will rise with simply the cake mix and pumpkin puree.
Before you ask, there is no oil, butter, or margarine in this bread. The pumpkin puree provides all the moisture the bread needs and if you don’t overcook it will be moist and luscious. I baked it in a 9×5-inch loaf pan at 350° for 25 minutes, turned off the oven and allowed it to sit in the oven 3 more minutes. It was perfectly cooked.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
There are a couple of options you have when making this bread.
- Add 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans to your batter.
- Smother the bread in this indulgent Chocolate Frosting instead of the Browned Butter Maple Glaze
- A butter or yellow cake mix can be used instead of the German chocolate cake mix.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Strawberry Bread
- Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins
- Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Roasted Banana Bread
- Bacon Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Browned Butter Maple Glaze
- 15.25 -ounce German chocolate cake mix
- 1 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- Stir by hand or with a mixer.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Test for doneness with a wooden pick. The cake will be done when no crumbs or dry crumbs remain on the wooden pick.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- For the frosting, melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Pour over bread.
- Serve warm or cool. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days. It will keep fresher longer in the refrigerator.