Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Browned
This is quite possibly the easiest pumpkin recipe you’ll see on the web. With just three simple ingredients making up the bread, it can be mixed together in 2 minutes, baked in 30, and enjoyed in 35! (Edited to say, now my 2 Ingredient Brownie recipe is the easiest recipe ever!) 😍
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
For the bread you’ll need:
- German chocolate cake mix
- Large eggs beaten
- Pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin puree
If you choose to make the frosting/glaze (and you totally need it!), you’ll need:
I used one can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. I also used two large eggs but they can actually be omitted. Yep, it’s hard to believe but the bread will rise with simply the cake mix and pumpkin puree.
Before you ask, there is no oil,
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
There are a couple of options you have when making this quick bread.
- Add 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans to your batter.
- Smother the bread in this indulgent Chocolate Frosting instead of the Browned
butteror yellow cake mix can be used instead of the German chocolate cake mix.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Strawberry Bread
- Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins
- Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Roasted Banana Bread
- Bacon Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Browned Butter Maple Glaze
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 15.25 -ounce German chocolate cake mix
- 1 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
BROWNED BUTTER MAPLE FROSTING
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 to 1¼ cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Stir by hand or with a mixer.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Test for doneness with a wooden pick. The cake will be done when no crumbs or dry crumbs remain on the wooden pick.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- For the frosting, melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Pour over bread.
- Serve warm or cool. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days. It will keep fresher longer in the refrigerator.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index