Packed with peanut butter, this Peanut Butter Bread is a decadent, slightly, sweet quick bread that’s perfect for breakfast, snacking, or dessert!
To clear up any confusion this doesn’t have bananas in it. Although the addition of bananas sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?
PEANUT BUTTER BREAD
Frankly, I love the simplicity of just the peanut butter flavor. Since children typically don’t like multiple combinations of flavors in their foods, it suits them well. However, if you’re serving adults, you can add other combinations of ingredients that pair well with peanut butter.
- Try adding 1/4 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or cinnamon chips to the batter.
- Additionally, 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped pecans, peanuts, or walnuts will add a nice texture to the bread.
- Try toasting the bread with a smear of butter.
- Make cinnamon toast using this bread instead of white bread.
- As well, you can make muffins using this batter. Evenly divide the dough in a 12-cup muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes for regular size muffins. For mini-muffins, the cooking time is 10 to 12 minutes. (Cooking times for muffins depends on the muffin tin size and how much you put in them. Muffin tins don’t come in standard sizes.)
- Banana Bread Bananas Foster is a delicious way to enjoy this bread as a dessert!
To store, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or in an airtight container. It’ll stay fresh 3 days on the countertop.
As well, you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to one week.
This quick bread freezes wonderfully, simply wrapped tightly in plastic wrap then place in a freezer, ziptop bag. It’ll stay fresh up to three months in the freezer.
SHOP THIS POST
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LIKE THESE
- Strawberry Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Streusel Bread
- Snickerdoodle Cobbler
- Strawberry Almond Milk Coconut Oil Muffins Healthy Breakfast
- 16 Homemade Energy Bars
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Peanut Butter Bread
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg Nutmeg is strong, omit if you don't like or adjust amount
- ½ cup pecans finely chopped, or walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once and stir until just moistened. The mixture will be thick and lumpy. Don't over-stir. Over-stirring will make the bread tough.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle all the cinnamon mixture. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Makes one loaf.
Elvis Tour Part 2 – Elvis Inspired Guitars and Favorite Restaurants
Elvis Tour Part 4 – Fairpark and Tupelo Hardware