Boozy, sweet, festive, and fun, Sugar Champagne Grapes is a tasty treat for any celebration or occasion. With just three simple ingredients, prep is easy, the cost is low, and they’ll disappear in a flash!
Also known as Drunken Grapes or Boozy Grapes.
SUGAR CHAMPAGNE GRAPES
Champagne soaked grapes make a fun snack for girls night. They also are fun garnishes for cocktails. Add two or three frozen grapes to help chill your cocktail or thread them on bamboo skewers and add to your drinks.
I used cheap champagne, but you can also use rum or tequila.
HOW TO MAKE SUGARED CHAMPAGNE GRAPES
- You can use any variety of grape, green grapes, red grapes, etc but they need to be SEEDLESS! Choose big, pretty grapes.
- Next, wash the grapes and pull them off the stem.
- Soak the grapes in a bowl with champagne for eight hours or overnight. Typically, I cover and refrigerate them but you can leave on the countertop.
- Next, drain the grapes and allow them to dry slightly.
- Finally, roll the grapes in the sugar and serve.
- For a frozen treat or to use as ice cubes in your cocktails, freeze the grapes for a few hours.
To freeze the grapes, follow the directions below then pop them into the freezer. Most notable, like my How to Freeze Bananas for Smoothies post, you need to freeze the grapes in a single layer. Otherwise, they’ll be frozen in one large clump! Place the grapes on a sheet pan or flat plate (that fits in your freezer) and freeze. Once frozen you can transfer and store them in a container or freezer bag.
YOU’LL ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Blue Lagoon Jello Shots
- Margarita Bars
- Pan-Seared Catfish over Champagne Risotto with Champagne Pan Sauce
- Margarita Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shooters
Sugar Champagne Grapes
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 6 cups grapes seedless
- 1 bottle champagne
- ¾ cup sugar
- Soak the grapes in a large bowl with the champagne 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the grapes and dry them off slightly.
- Roll into the sugar and serve.
- Or you can freeze the grapes.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index or Weekend Potluck.