Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe is a dense coffee cakes topped with extra crumb topping and filled with a ribbon of cream cheese. You want to wake up to this!
We had house guests for a week recently and I didn’t bake at all during that time. The day they left I couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen and bake this Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe. I have this wonderful bundt cake that has a cream cheese filling. And, I had previously made this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake that the family loved. I got the idea to combine the too cakes; plus, I wanted to use my new little springform pan!
I kind of love a coffee cake.
I kind of love this coffee cake!
I love the moist cake.
I love the creamy layer.
I love the Amaretto flavor.
I love the streusel topping.
Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c granulate sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 c amaretto
- 2/3 c buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c butter, melted
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degree oven
- For Cake: Line a 9x13 inch cake pan with heavy aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick spray. OR, spray a 10 or 12 springform pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and mix. Batter will be thick and crumbly. Add eggs, buttermilk and amaretta and mix until smooth and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour half of this batter into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- For Filling: In another large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and egg. Beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon this mixture evenly over the first batter layer.
- Add remaining batter over cream cheese. Smooth evenly.
- For Struesel: Mix brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and salt together. Add butter and mix to combine. Add flour and mix, you'll probably have to mix this with your hands to get it fully combined. Sprinkle crumb mixture over cake evenly.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 45 to 50 minutes. Center will be set and not 'jiggly' when it is fully cooked. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
In full disclosure, I had a new cute little 5 inch springform pan that I was dying to use. I used it AND a 10 inch spring-form pan. My cook time was the same as listed. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
More cakes you will enjoy!
Apple Sauce Truffles (Cake Balls)