Cinnamon and apples go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Some things were simply made to be paired and apple cinnamon flavor is one.
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
The cake is dense and moist with small chunks of apple. The cake is spiced with the warm flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice which pair wonderfully with apples. Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake has been on my favorite fall cake list for years.
And, let’s be real the streusel topping is really the star! That crunchy topping is my favorite. I could just eat the streusel topping. By the way, did I mention it has chopped pecans in it? The streusel makes this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake so don’t leave it off. It’s crunchy and buttery and just pure heaven!
There is nothing complicated for fussy about this recipe. However, there are three different mixes and steps. It comes together easily and bakes up beautifully. I do recommend reading through the recipe first before you start. As well, have all the ingredients out and measured before beginning.
Coffee Cake Recipe
After the warm spices start cooking and the wonderful aroma fills the air, the hardest part is waiting for the cake to cook!
This cake is phenomenal. It has a great texture and is packed with apples. As well, it’s gotten rave reviews from everyone who’s tried it.
Most importantly, don’t slice into the cake until it is completely cool. If the cream cheese layer is warm it will ooze out of the cake.
Finally, if you love apples as much as I do, you’ll love this collection of apple recipes I put together, Favorite Apple Recipes.
While you’re here check, out these recipes
- Oreo Cream Cheese Fluff Trifle
- Rolo Cheesecake Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
- Oreo Cheesecake Trifle
- No-cook Strawberry Cheesecake
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese with the egg, add sugar, flour, and vanilla and mix until combined. Carefully spoon filling mixture over cake mix. Spread as evenly as possible.
- Spoon remaining cake mix over top of cream cheese filling.
- Combine all ingredients, using a fork or your fingers. Combine until mixture resembles crumbles or wet sand. Sprinkle over top of cake mix.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack and run a knife around the pan before you remove it.
- Store in refrigerator.