Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake is a tender, spiced apple cake with a thread of cream cheese running through it and a nutty cinnamon pecan streusel sprinkled on top!
The cake is dense and moist with small chunks of apple. The cake is spiced with the warm flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice which pair wonderfully with apples. Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake has been on my favorite fall cake list for years.
And, let’s be real the streusel topping is really the star! That crunchy topping is my favorite. I could just eat the streusel topping. By the way, did I mention it has chopped pecans in it? The streusel makes this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake so don’t leave it off. It’s crunchy and buttery and just pure heaven!
There is nothing complicated for fussy about this recipe. However, there are three different mixes and steps. It comes together easily and bakes up beautifully. I do recommend reading through the recipe first before you start. As well, have all the ingredients out and measured before beginning.
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
After the warm spices start cooking and the wonderful aroma fills the air, the hardest part is waiting for the cake to cook!
This cake is phenomenal. It has a great texture and is packed with apples. As well, it’s gotten rave reviews from everyone who’s tried it.
Don’t slice into the cake until it is completely cool. If the cream cheese layer is warm it will ooze out of the cake.
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans fined chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cake: Cream oil, white and brown sugar in a medium bowl of a mixer. Mix 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs and sour cream and beat for another 3 minutes. Add apples and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and spices together. Add to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Spread 1/2 of this mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Mix cream cheese with the egg, add sugar, flour, and vanilla and mix until combined. Carefully spoon filling mixture over cake mix. Spread as evenly as possible.
- Spoon remaining cake mix over top of cream cheese filling.
- Combine all ingredients, using a fork or your fingers. Combine until mixture resembles crumbles or wet sand. Sprinkle over top of cake mix.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack and run a knife around the pan before you remove it.
- Store in refrigerator.