A simple, easy, and spicy recipe, Sriracha Ramen Noodle Recipe is a grown-up version of the classic budget snack you ate in college! These flavorful noodles with crunchy vegetables have a delightfully spicy sauce and will satisfy your Asian food craving right at home!
This is a stir-fry noodle recipe that’s full of vegetables and protein. And, if you know stir-fry, you know how quickly it comes together. As well, you don’t have to own a wok to make stir-fry. I use a large skillet that’s in the photos. You just need a stove that gets really hot and a pan that distributes heat evenly.
Sriracha Ramen Noodle Recipe actually tastes like the inside of an egg roll. After all, it does have the same ingredients. Adding ramen noodles makes it hearty and filling. Additionally, this recipe makes a quick and super easy dinner recipe.
SRIRACHA RAMEN NOODLE RECIPE
- To save time chopping, slicing, or dicing meat, I recommend a ground turkey or chicken. However, you may swap out the meat for whatever protein you have such as ground pork, ground beef, or diced chicken.
- Furthermore, you can use pre-cut carrots and a bag of cabbage slaw instead of slicing each of those.
- I prefer fresh ingredients when possible. I do want to stress that fresh onions, garlic, and ginger in this recipe are much better. However, you can make substitutions for the onions, garlic, and ginger. You can use one teaspoon onion powder for the onions, one teaspoon garlic powder for the garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger for the ginger.
- If you’re looking for a Keto version, simply omit the ramen noodles. It’ll be just as yummy!
CAN I ADD DIFFERENT VEGETABLES?
Absolutely, you can leave the protein out altogether for a meatless meal. If you prefer, you can add more vegetables in the recipe. Or, you may add
- bean sprouts
- spinach or kale
- broccoli florets
- any color bell peppers, sliced
- bok choy
- snap peas
- zucchini, sliced
IS SRIRACHA RAMEN NOODLE RECIPE REALLY SPICY?
One tablespoon of Sriracha makes this recipe slightly spicy. It’s not crazy hot rather the heat is at a level I think everyone will enjoy. If everyone you’re serving enjoys spicy food add more Sriracha, maybe one more tablespoon, to the noodles. Another option put one tablespoon in the dish when cooking and serve it with Sriracha so that each person can add it to their liking.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Sriracha Ramen Noodle Recipe
- 3-4 3 -oz packets ramen noodles discard seasoning pack
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, grated
- 2 large carrots cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I used reduced sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce I used Sambal Oelek
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce adjust to your liking
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- garnish with sliced green onions and peanuts
- Cook ramen in boiling water for 2 minutes and no longer! Reserve one cup pasta water. Rinse noodles with cool water and toss with a drizzle of sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Heat a large wok or skillet to medium high heat. Add peanuts and dry roast peanuts until golden and toasted about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Mix Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- To the empty wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium high heat. Add ground turkey, onions, salt, and pepper and cook until browned. When the meat is almost cooked through, add carrots, garlic, ginger, and cabbage. Cook 2 additional minutes.
- Add the sauce and stir. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 seconds then add noodles and toss until evenly coated. Add peanuts and toss to combine. Add additional reserved water if needed to reach desired consistency. Garnish with sliced green onions and peanuts if desired. Serve immediately.