My Just Goo Pecan Pie has no pecans! It’s just the gooey, caramel nougat filling. And it’s fabulous!
I seriously patterned this after my Granny’s Pecan Pie recipe. It’s so good. It’s similar to a Chess Pie. I feel like this pie is out there somewhere and called something else. Butter Pie, Caramel Pie, Brown Sugar Pie – they would all appropriate for the taste, texture, and ingredients.
Just Goo Pecan Pie has a nice caramel flavor from the brown sugar. It’s sooooooo good! Honestly, I had to stop myself from eating it.
JUST GOO PECAN PIE – NO PECANS
Furthermore, it’s also economical to make and you probably already have the ingredients right in your pantry and fridge.
The pie’s filling is really similar to the filling in pecan pie except without nuts. It’s super sweet, a little sticky, and so very yummy. As well, it’s scrumptious topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. And, since caramel and salt go together so well, try a sprinkle of sea salt on your slice.
SHOP THIS POST
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Just Goo Pecan Pie | no pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Prick the pie crust with a fork. Bake it for 8 minutes at 350°.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs. Then add the brown sugar and whisk vigorously.
- Add the flour, syrup, butter, and vanilla. Whisk.
- Remove the crust from the oven and fill with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is brown and center is set. It can be 'slightly' jiggly in about a 2-inch circle in the very center. Thank will firm up as it cools.
- Cool pie completely before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 4 to 5 days or in the refrigerator for 6 to 7 days.