Tangy Ranch Chicken is easy to make, creamy, and spicy baked chicken recipe with only four ingredients, ranch dressing, yellow mustard, and brown sugar.
This is one of the tastiest chicken recipes. Ranch dressing, mustard, and brown sugar combine to make the most delicious sauce that anyone will enjoy. It makes a nice weeknight dinner but with that rich, creamy sauce it makes a lovely presentation over rice for entertaining.
TANGY RANCH CHICKEN
- I used boneless chicken breast, but you can also use bone-in.
- This recipe is a great prep-ahead recipe. Put it together early in the day, then bake just before dinner time.
- For an even healthier dinner, substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar.
- You can eat it plain as I often do, or serve it over rice, quinoa, pasta, or zucchini noodles.
CAN I MAKE TANGY RANCH CHICKEN IN A SLOW COOKER?
Yes! To cook in a slow cooker add the chicken breast to the slow cooker. Next mix the ranch, mustard, and brown sugar together. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce and pour the rest of it over the chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve alone with the reserved sauce.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVERS?
Store any leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator. This is a great recipe for meal prep and leftovers reheat nicely. You can store the leftover chicken in the fridge for up to three days. At that time, you will need to toss out any leftovers.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Chicken and Shrimp Fajita Nachos
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Rotini
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma Skewers
- Chicken Dip
- Sweet Heat Chicken Kabobs
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Tangy Ranch Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ⅔ cup Ranch dressing
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Mix salad dressing, mustard, and brown sugar. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce. Coat chicken with remaining sauce and place in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes until cooked. Serve with reserved sauce.
Slow Cooker method:
- Mix salad dressing, mustard, and brown sugar. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce. Coat chicken with remaining sauce.
- Place in a slow cooker and cooker on low 4 hours. Serve with reserved sauce.