Easy to make, tender, juicy and flavorful, Grilled Rosemary Lemon Chicken Breasts make a delicious main dish entree.
This chicken is great alone or in salads, sandwiches, and wraps!
This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and keto, Atkins, paleo, Banting diet-friendly.
GRILLED ROSEMARY LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS
- You can also use wings, thighs, or legs for this recipe. For wings, I marinated four hours and doubled the seasonings so they would be extra flavorful.
- The time can vary widely depending on the grill and thickness of the chicken pieces. Dark meat takes slightly longer as well.
- Also, you can cook this chicken in the oven. (See below)
- Likewise, you can air fry. (See below)
- The best way to know when meat is cooked properly is to test the thickest portion with an instant-read thermometer.
- As well, the longer you can let the chicken marinate, the better flavor it’ll have.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHICKEN IS COOKED
The perfect internal temperature is 165°f for dark meat and 160°F for white. I recommend getting an instant-read thermometer. As well, when you’re checking the chicken, always check the thickest part of the chicken. (Here’s a chart for Safe Cooking Temperatures for all meats.)
If you don’t have an instant-read thermometer, you can cut into the middle to check that it’s just about opaque in the center and the juices run clear.
HOW TO AIR FRY GRILLED ROSEMARY LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS
To air fry, remove the chicken from the marinade and drain. Place the chicken in the air fryer and cook at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the chicken is opaque in the center and the juices run clear.
HOW TO BAKE GRILLED ROSEMARY LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS
To cook in the oven, heat the oven to 375°F and cook for approximately 30 minutes uncovered in a shallow pan.
Whether your grilling, baking or air-frying chicken, how long really depends on how big the chicken pieces are. Larger bone-in chicken will take longer than boneless chicken.
I always make extra chicken when I’m cooking especially if I’m grilling. Grilled chicken is great in my Avocado Chicken Salad and Loaded Keto Avocado Bacon Chicken Salad. However, leftover chicken is also good on pasta, pasta salad, wraps, green salads, sandwiches, and soup.
MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Sweet Heat Chicken
- Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
Grilled Rosemary Lemon Chicken Breasts
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 medium lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped finely, more if you want it stronger
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 pounds chicken breasts bone-in and skin-on (you can also use thighs or legs)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, or place all ingredients in a mason jar, cover, and shake until well combined.
- Place chicken in a resealable bag and pour marinade on top. Toss gently to coat chicken. Set aside for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from grill, cover gently with aluminum foil and let it rest about 10 minutes or so if desired, before serving.