Leftover Chicken Cakes Recipe is a budget-friendly recipe that turns leftover chicken into a delicious meal or appetizer in minutes. Pan-fry, grill or air fryer instructions included.
Chicken cakes are another great recipe for leftover grilled, poached, or baked chicken. This recipe is very much like crab cakes that you’re probably more familiar with. As well, make them into one or two-bite sizes for appetizers.
It has chicken, peppers, onions, breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasonings. These ingredients are combined, formed into patties, and pan sauteed. Chicken Cake can be eaten by itself with sauce, on a salad, or as a sandwich.
LEFTOVER CHICKEN CAKES RECIPE
Pro-tip, you can substitute almond flour for the breadcrumbs if you’re doing low carb.
Because I just love a sauce or topping on everything, here are my thoughts on what goes well with these. Of course, Easy Remoulade Sauce is good on so many foods and sandwiches. Moe’s Chipotle Ranch Dressing is another very flavorful sauce. Buttermilk Garlic Salad Dressing and Sriracha Comeback Sauce are two other options for sauces that you may like for these patties.
CAN I COOK THESE IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can. They cook beautifully in an air fryer. You can grill them as well!
Air Fry. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F on the air fryer setting. Spray the basket with nonstick spray and place your chicken cakes in the basket. Air fry for 10-15 minutes, or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Grill. I recommend placing the chicken cakes in a vegetable or fish basket to cook on the grill because they can break.
CONSIDER THESE RECIPES TOO!
- Loaded Keto Avocado Bacon Chicken Salad
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Street Corn Chicken Taco
- Chicken Dip
- Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Did you love this recipe? Be sure to leave a 5-star rating and comment below!
Leftover Chicken Cakes Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ medium red bell pepper diced
- 2 medium green onions thinly sliced (green and white part)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ½ cup oil for cooking
- Cook pepper, green onions, and garlic in a medium-size skillet with butter for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir together peppers, green onions, and garlic with shredded chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise, mustard, and Creole seasoning. Shape chicken mixture into patties.
- You can heat oil in the same pan you cooked the vegetables in. Heat to medium-high. Add chicken cakes to the pan, don't crowd the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined tray to drain. Cook another batch if needed.
- Serve hot with Remoulade Sauce, on a salad, or in a sandwich.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index