Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken, meet your new favorite weeknight chicken dinner! It’s easy to make and everyone loves it!
Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken
If you’re looking for a good weeknight dinner recipe, look no further. This recipe is guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. This recipe is easy to make and my family loves it.
It’s simply so easy to make and so delicious making it the perfect weeknight meal.
For this recipe, you can use any cut of chicken. As well, you can use a whole chicken. However, I prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
How to reheat Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken
To reheat it, cover the chicken with foil and pop it back in the oven at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes! You may find it easier to warm if you cut the chicken into cubes.
If you are using the microwave to reheat the chicken, cover with plastic wrap and heat on medium-high at 60 to 90-second intervals. As well, You may find it easier to warm if you cut the chicken into cubes.
More chicken recipes you’ll love
- Best Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Crack Chicken Casserole
- Pull-Apart Pesto Chicken Sliders
- Stove Top Cajun Butter Chicken Bites
- Copycat Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken Bites
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated May 10, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, melted
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 medium chicken breast boneless, skinless
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 and ½ cups evaporated milk
- 10.5 -ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 and ½ cup cheese grated processed cheese (Velveeta), you can use cheddar or another cheese but it won't be as creamy
- Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides. Dip each chicken breast in melted butter and roll in flour.
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe casserole dish and bake, uncovered at 325°F, for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and bake 15 more minutes.
- Mix soup, milk, and cheese together. Remove chicken from oven and pour soup mixture over the chicken. Return to oven 15 minutes or until cheese mixture is melted and hot.
- Serve hot.