Berry Feta Watermelon Salad is a refreshing salad and perfect side dish recipe for all your summer grilled recipes.
This easy fruit salad is on repeat during the summer at my house. I can’t get enough of it!
BERRY FETA WATERMELON SALAD
- Watermelon. I used a small round, seedless watermelon. I scooped out the center, cut the watermelon into cubes, then used the rind as a bowl for the salad. (Cut a sliver off the bottom so it’ll sit flat.)
- Blueberries. Blueberries a super healthy. Choose berries that are even in size, with smooth, unbroken skin that’s deep purple to nearly black in color.
- Blackberries. Blackberries should be deep black with a plump, full, and slightly tender feel.
- Feta cheese. I like to get feta in a block and crumble it myself. It seems to stay fresh longer.
- Mint leaves.
- Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette. The citrus really compliments the flavors of this salad. The recipe below and in the recipe card.
You can use any combination of fruit in this salad. Strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, and peaches would be great additions. I typically visit my local farmers’ market and get in-season fruit it’s much more flavorful.
If you use apples or pears (more of a fall fruit) be sure to drizzle lemon or lime juice over them to prevent them from browning.
Furthermore, make sure you choose ripe, fragrant fruit without cuts or bruises.
When you’re preparing fruit for any salad, try to cut them into uniform bite-size pieces.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST WATERMELON
- When you’re choosing a watermelon, look for one that is heavy for its size.
- You’ll also want it to be a uniform size indicating consistent growing.
- Finally, it should have a hollow sound when tapped.
LEMON THYME VINAIGRETTE
A bright citrus salad dressing compliments watermelon, blackberries, and blueberries perfectly. It’s simple to make, but if you have a favorite store-bought citrus dressing or vinaigrette by all means use it!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Berry Feta Watermelon Salad
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 1 small watermelon about 5 cups, cubed
- 1 pint blueberries washed and drained
- 1 pint blackberries washed and drained
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mint fresh, cut or town small
Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk together the thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, dijon mustard, and salt.
- Chill until the salad is ready to dress.
For the salad
- Combine the cubed watermelon, blackberries, and blueberries into a bowl or the hollowed-out half of the watermelon.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle feta and mint over the top.