Sweet, savory, tangy, crisp, and creamy perfectly describes Grilled Peach Bruschetta. Slices of crusty, toasted baguette are topped with goat cheese, peaches, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
This easy Grilled Peach Bruschetta is a deliciously simple appetizer or snack.
My husband and I love to cook and entertain. But, one key to successfully entertaining, even if you enjoy cooking, is to keep it simple. At least, keep most recipes simple and choose one star of the meal. For this reason, I have a handful of favorite and easy appetizer, side, and dessert recipes. We tend to let the entree be the harder recipe.
During the summer, I incorporate fresh produce whenever I can and Grilled Peach Bruschetta is always a popular appetizer to serve. It’s quick, easy, bright, and light.
Grilled Peach Bruschetta Tips
- Slice your baguette either in round or diagonal slices. They need to be small.
- You can toast them in the oven or grill it. However, I prefer it browned in a skillet on the stove.
- This Grilled Peach Bruschetta is tasty with either basil or mint.
- As well, fresh mozzarella is a great substitute for goat cheese. If you really want to get crazy use blue cheese!
- The combination of honey and balsamic reduction make a nice sweet, tangy combination. You can use one or both.
Grilled Peach Bruschetta
- 3 to 6 tablespoons olive oil you'll need olive oil for the baguette and peaches
- 5-6 ounce baguette
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 peaches sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 3 to 4 tablespoon balsamic reduction balsamic reduction recipe OR purchase balsamic reduction
- 2 to 3 basil leaves cut or torn small
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the bread
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the bread. Don't overcrowd the pan. Watch the bread closely so as not to burn.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn, add more oil if necessary, and cook the second side.
- Remove to a wire rack or paper towel.For the peaches
- Heat grill, griddle, or skillet to medium-low.
- Smear the grill or pan with olive oil.
- Place peaches on the grill or pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. You want them heated through but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and dice. Put it together
- Spread goat cheese in a thin layer on the toasted baguette bread.
- Spoon chopped peaches over cheese and top with chopped basil.
- Drizzle honey and balsamic reduction over the top.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve as snack, starter, or appetizer.