Oatmeal Caramel Crush Bars Recipe is chewy oat bars filled with a rich and gooey caramel.
For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects, and exciting news subscribe to Call Me PMc
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
These easy-to-make layered bars have a base and crumble topping of oats, brown sugar, flour, and butter. In the center is decadent creamy caramel, which, of course, is brown sugar, butter, and milk along with a little flour and vanilla.
I make these chewy caramel oatmeal bars almost every holiday season because they are super simple to make. As well, they are a great addition to almost any holiday cookie tray. They are chewy and packed full of delicious flavor.
Oatmeal Caramel Crush Bars Recipe
All these basic ingredients, which you already probably have in your pantry, come together for a delicious sweet treat.
This bar has a nice texture from the oats. The crust is like a soft oatmeal cookie and then it’s topped with melted caramel and more soft oatmeal cookie topping. They are thick and chewy and just about perfect. However, they are quite rich and a small bite goes a long way. These are ideal candidates for sharing. Also, this dessert recipe is sturdy which makes it great for picnics, gifts, and Christmas treat trays.
You may recall I’m made similar bar recipes and shared them in the past. One has a creamy filling, one has a chocolate filling, and another one has peanut butter! They are all fantastic.
- Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Bars
- Oatmeal Cookie and Cream Cheese Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Biscoff Layer Bars
How do I store these bars?
Store these bars covered in an airtight container up to three days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge.
You can also freeze them for up to three months.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Oatmeal Caramel Crush Bars
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the Crust
- 1 and ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 and ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 and ¼ cups butter
For the Filling
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
For the crust
- Melt butter then mix with oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar.
- Press 2/3 of this mixture into a greased and parchment or foil-lined 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
For the filling
- In a medium-size, heavy-bottom saucepan, melt butter. Add the brown sugar and stir until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir about 1 minute.
- Next, stir in flour until the mixture is uniform.
- Stirring continuously, bring to a low boil and boil about 3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Then remove from heat.
- After the crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
- Pour the caramel filling over it and sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over top.
- Bake at 300°F for an additional 20 minutes. Bars will appear a bit runny but will firm up when they cool.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index or at Meal Plan Monday
Lyn Solomon Linville says
The only reason I gave 4 and not 5 is I believe you need a lot more crust to give these bars the thicker support they need on the bottom and to have enough to sprinkle over the whole top. The filling is delicious.