Made with a cake mix short-cut, Chocolate Peanut
This dessert snack is ooey, gooey, decadent, and incredibly simple to make.
Something magical happens when you mix peanut
Please tell me if you can eat just! I can’t.
Just look at that thick ribbon of chocolate. And, the crust is buttery with a little crunch and texture.
If you’ve been following me, you know I’m all about quick and easy! Using a cake mix for the crust and topping makes the prep time for these bars very quick. Furthermore, the hardest part is waiting for them to cook.
If you want really pretty squares, you’ll need to wait until they cool completely or even chill them in the refrigerator to get those perfect, bakery-style cuts. However, if that isn’t a priority to you, dive right in as soon as they’re cool enough to handle!
How to Make Peanut
Butter Bars with Cake Mix
- Gather your ingredients. This easy peanut
butterbars recipe starts with a chocolate cake mix! If you want to use a vanilla cake mix, that will work as well.
butterand combine with the cake mix.
- Add peanut
butter. Any creamy, non-stir variety is best.
- Add the eggs. Crack the eggs into a bowl before adding them to the batter. This way, if you have broken egg shells, they won’t end up in the batter.
- Melt the chocolate. I usually microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second bursts at high power, stirring in between each burst.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Bake! Pour batter over the crust mixture in the pan, add the topping, and bake in a preheated 350° oven.
Other Dessert Bars to Make
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 15.25 -ounce package yellow cake mix
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounce pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Press into a 9×13 cake pan reserving 1 cup to crumble on top.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Stir until smooth, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cake mixture in pan. Spread evenly. Crumble remaining cake mixture over top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars.