Sweet summer peaches are served on a toasted French baguette and a pillow of mozzarella cheese then glazed with a balsamic reduction in my Peach Bruschetta recipe.
With all the fresh produce available, Summer is the best time to entertain. And, Peach Bruschetta is a great way to serve the best part of summer with your friends. Furthermore, Peach Bruschetta is simple to make with just six ingredients and it doesn’t have to be served hot. After all, entertaining should be fun for the cook too!
Peach Bruschetta Tips
- Slice your baguette either in round or diagonal slices. Diagonal slices will have more surface area. They need to be about 1/2 inch thick.
- You can toast the bread in the oven or grill it. However, I prefer it browned in a skillet on the stove.
- I get pre-sliced mozzarella. It’s not easy to cut into even slices and I find this easier.
- Let’s face it Balsamic Reduction makes everything better and Peach Bruschetta is no exception. Personally, I could dunk my bruschetta into it dip-style. A drizzle is probably good for most. If you don’t like Balsamic Reduction (gasp!), you make like honey or agave nectar drizzled over.
- And don’t forget the sprinkle of salt!
Peach Bruschetta recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 to 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 ounce baguette
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 large peaches sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoon balsamic reduction balsamic reduction recipe OR purchase balsamic reduction
- 2 to 3 basil leaves cut or torn small
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the bread
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the bread. Don't overcrowd the pan. Watch the bread closely so as not to burn.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn, add more oil if necessary, and cook the second side.
- Remove to a wire rack or paper towel.
Put it together
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each toasted baguette slice.
- Place a peach slice on cheese and top with chopped basil.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over the top.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve as snack, starter, or appetizer.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
This looks totally delicious!