Best Creamy Chicken Spaghetti is creamy, saucy, comfort food. This easy casserole recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
I think there’s an unwritten rule that you can’t be a food blog unless you have a Chicken Spaghetti recipe. 😉 Therefore, here’s mine.
If you want an easy casserole recipe that your family will love, this is it. You probably already the ingredients for this recipe in your pantry and freezer.
My chicken spaghetti is a little different than a lot of them. I don’t use tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel) instead I use pimentos. Additionally, I use cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta.
Best Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
You have options for the chicken in this recipe. You can boil, broil, or grill the chicken or use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. Rotisserie chicken is my go-to for so many recipes. It makes cooking quick and effortless.
One tip, when I boil my chicken, I also boil my pasta in that water, now broth. It just adds a little bit more flavor.
What to serve with Chicken Spaghetti
I like to serve a salad or green vegetable and bread. Pomegranate Broccoli Salad, Sweet and Sour Marinated English Pea and Corn Salad, or Tangy Vinegar Based Slaw are good options. For the bread, We love 10 Minute Rolls, Fluffy Yeast Rolls, or Blue Cheese Biscuits.
Can I freeze Best Creamy Chicken Spaghetti?
Absolutely, it freezes beautifully. Line your dish with parchment paper, pour the chicken spaghetti into the dish, don’t bake it, and cover the casserole dish tightly. Allow it to freeze solid, then remove the parchment paper and casserole and transfer to a large freezer bag. That way you don’t have to tie up your casserole dish for months. The chicken spaghetti is pre-formed for the dish, so all you have to do is slide it back in when you’re ready to reheat. OR, freeze in a disposable casserole dish.
To reheat, cover with foil or oven-safe lid and bake at 375° for 50 to 60 minutes or until hot in the center.
Here are more of our family favorite quick meals
- Southwest Chicken Wraps
- 20 Minute Tortellini Pasta Carbonara
- Skinny Turkey Meatball Tortellini Soup
- 20 Minute Stovetop Sun-Dried Tomato Broccoli Pesto Pasta
- Two Pesto Chicken Pizza
Best Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 large chicken breast or a whole, small chicken OR 2 cups shredded rotisserie or leftover chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 -ounces pimentos diced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 -ounces spaghetti noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook spaghetti al dente and drain well.
- Boil chicken, cool, and shred. (or use your rotisserie or leftover chicken)
- Cook onion and bell pepper in oil until tender. (I cook this is a large enough skillet that will hold all the ingredients to keep from dirtying a bowl.)
- To the onions and peppers, add pimentos, cream of chicken soup, and cream cheese. Heat until cream cheese melts. Remove from heat, add parmesan cheese and 1 cup cheddar. Mix until smooth and melted.
- Season with celery seeds, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Combine spaghetti, chicken, and cream sauce. Mix well. Spread in a greased 9x13 dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes to set before serving.