Sweet and Sour Marinated English Pea and Corn Salad is bright and fresh. Using frozen or canned vegetables, this is a tasty marinated vegetable salad recipe for any time of year.
Follow Call Me PMc
Sweet and Sour Marinated English Pea and Corn Salad is quick and simple taking only 8 to 10 minutes to make. Ideally, it needs about an hour to marinate, but I have eaten it warm just after mixing the vegetables together and it’s good then as well.
Sweet and Sour Marinated English Pea and Corn Salad
Serve this bright, zesty salad for lunch or a dinner side. It makes a beautiful addition to your ladies luncheon menu and pairs well with other salads for a salad plate or sandwich platter.
Sweet and Sour Marinated English Pea and Corn Salad is highly adaptable as well with your favorite vegetables. You may want to add French style green beans, jalapenos, bell pepper, celery, or hearts of palm.
I have also topped my green salad and fish tacos with the mixture and was pleased with the result.
Follow me on Pinterest below!
- 1 10- ounce bag steam fresh English peas
- 1 10- ounce bag steam fresh corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half OR 1 2-ounce jar pimientos, drained
- *optional 1 10-ounce steam fresh bag French style green beans
- *optional 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- If using frozen vegetables steam them as directed on package. Cool. (If using canned vegetables, drain well.)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour over vegetable mixture. And toss lightly.
- Marinate at least 2 hours or overnight. before serving.
You may use 1 15-ounce can of English peas, corn, and French-style green beans. I prefer the frozen.I used grape tomatoes, but pimientos are just as good. Recipe can be served cold or at room temperature.Recipe can be doubled or tripled to serve a larger crowd.