Buttery, full of cinnamon and chocolate, Chocolate Chip Crescent Roll Monkey Bread makes an easy breakfast recipe. This is a tasty and quick way to enjoy monkey bread for breakfast.
This recipe has evolved from traditional monkey bread made with biscuits to being made with crescent rolls, plus chocolate chips.
This evolution is thanks to my boys. They kept talking over breakfast and changing the traditional monkey bread recipe. I’m actually just fine with that. They have given me a lot of great ideas to share on Call Me PMc.
Chocolate Chip Crescent Roll Monkey Bread
I make this pull apart recipe in individual portions in ramekins because my boys said, “This feels gourmet when you make it in these cups.”
Hey, they eat better when food is in individual portions so I’m all for it!
If you google “monkey bread”, you’ll see a lot of different ways to make it. My version has chocolate chips and starts with premade crescent roll dough. As well, I like to bake this pull-apart bread in ramekins. This cuts down on the cooking time which is great for weekday breakfasts.
Another version of monkey bread uses biscuits and a loaf pan.
What you’ll need
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Crescent roll dough
- Chocolate chips
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
Chocolate Chip Crescent Roll Monkey Bread is buttery, chocolatey and full of cinnamon. Sticky pull-apart bread is the best! Furthermore, the top gets crispy while the inside stays soft and there is always extra
As well, this chocolate chip monkey bread recipe is a sweet, gooey, and a sinful treat. There’s just something about eating foods with your hands that makes them better! Do you agree?
More Crescent Roll Recipes
If you love this sweet pull apart bread made with Pillsbury crescent rolls, I bet you will love these other recipes, too!
Chocolate Chip Crescent Roll Monkey Bread
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounce can crescent rolls
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 3 ramekins or 4 or 5 muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Place ramekins in a larger casserole dish to catch any spills.
- Roll crescent roll dough out into four rectangles.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips on each of the four rectangles.
- Roll the rectangle up and cut into 5 or 6 even pieces.
- Put butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 to 40 seconds until butter is melted. Stir.
- Dip each crescent roll piece into the cinnamon mixture then place it in a ramekin. Repeat with all.
- Pour any remaining butter/cinnamon mixture over crescent roll pieces.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Jalapeno Popper MeatballsThere’s something undeniably addictive about the combination of spicy jalapenos, savory bacon, and creamy cheese. When these flavors come together in the form of Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Meatballs, the result is a tantalizing dish that’s perfect as an appetizer or as a part of your main course.
- Chocolate Dip with Cocoa PowderChocolate Dip with Cocoa Powder is the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream!
- 16 Delicious Homemade Energy BarsWhether you start your day with one, have one after a workout, enjoy one as an on-the-go meal replacement or chew on one as a healthy snack, energy bars have become very popular.
- Viral Smash Burger TacosIncorporate these delightful Smash Burger Tacos into your culinary repertoire for a fusion of flavors that will have everyone asking for seconds. They’re easy to prepare, endlessly customizable, and guaranteed to be a hit at any gathering.
- Cookies & Cream Chocolate FudgeCookies & Cream Chocolate Fudge is a decadent, rich, and uniquely flavored dessert combination that you didn’t know you needed.
- 20 Chicken Dinners in Less Than 30 MinutesCreating 20 chicken dinners in under 30 minutes each requires efficient meal planning, preparation, and quick cooking techniques. Utilizing versatile chicken cuts like boneless thighs or tenderloins can expedite cooking.