“Shut the ffffffffffffffffffffffront door!”
…………………………………………………….was Lincoln’s exclamation to some news recently. About half way through the ‘Shut the f…” I momentarily lost consciousness “what!?” my mind was saying. Thankfully, he didn’t say what I thought he was about to and my heart and lungs began operating as normal again.
Later in the day as I reflected on that, I was thinking about other funny sayings. Like: “I don’t give a rat’s ass.” Now, let me ask you, who, why, how did that saying ever come to be?? By the way, I love to say it when Wesley and I are disagreeing over an issue. (I think I got that from my mother!) It goes something like, “I don’t give a rat’s ass how much it costs, we don’t need xyz!” My mother would say, “I don’t give a rat’s ass if everyone’s doing it, if every body jumped off a cliff, would you?!” Hahaha, it still makes me laugh!
And what about ‘Slap yo Momma!” Most of the time ‘slap yo momma’ is used in reference to something being favorable. “It was slap-yo-momma good!” Keeping that in mine this
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
is “Slap Yo Momma Good!!!”
It is really just too good to be true!
My weakness is Cinnamon Rolls. Any shape or form of Cinnamon Rolls and I’m like a kid on Christmas morning!
I recently had Slow Cooker week on the blog, which really got me thinking. A slow cooker is a great time-saving and electricity-saving appliance to have. I love the Slow Cooker Oats for breakfast. With that in mind, I set out to create something fantastic. (Trust me, if you follow me on instagram, my recent waffle experiment was a total disaster. I needed success here!)
These are Shut-the-front-door-slam-yo-momma good!!!
- 2 can crescent rolls
- 1/2 c cinnamon chips
- 4 T butter melted
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray and heat on high while you're prepping the ingredients.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Unroll crescent roll and sprinkle cinnamon chips over the dough. Roll dough starting with long side. Pinch edges and ends to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut dough in center, cut each of those sections in the center continueing until you have 1 inch even slices.
- Dip each piece of dough in butter then in sugar cinnamon mixture, place in slow cooker evenly. Try not to have them bunched up in the middle. The rolls on the bottom and sides will cook faster. After making one layer on bottom, try to stack around edge of slow cooker leaving center open.
- Pour any remaining butter and sugar mixture on top of rolls.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 2 hours. Start checking them at 1 1/2 hours, you may need to rotate some of them from the edge to the center using tongs or a fork.
When removing the lid, do let the condensation drip back into the slow cooker.When the rolls are done, remove all of them from the slow cooker. Once they begin to cool, they'll stick.Recipe original from Paula at Call Me Pmc © 2012 – 2013 CallMePMc.com – All Rights Reserved "All recipes and images are original and the sole property of CallMePMc.com © 2012-2013, with all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only. Content on CallMePMc.com is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Other than linking to a page or pinning an image only on Pinterest (complete recipe is not allowed to be copied to Pinterest or any other site), Call Me PMc asks that you do not copy or otherwise use images or original recipes for any other purpose. If you would like to use any of my pictures you must first contact Call Me PMc and get express written permission. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms."
Looking for more Cinnamon Roll goodness?
Link below has all my Cinnamon Creations with pictures!
I hope you’ll make my Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread for your friends and family during the upcoming holidays!